The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:54:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question Crystals  (Read 5605 times)
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« on: February 26, 2005, 10:07:40 AM »

Hi Guys,

On the subject of Crystals, Who sells at the best price for 243's I want to outfit this Vik-II with rocks for 75/80/40.

Much obliged.
WA1HZK

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 01:27:39 PM »

http://www.af4k.com/crystals.htm

I have used this guy for all of my rocks.
They work fine in the boat anchor rigs.
Keith

AM is Not A Hobby - It's a "Way of Life"!
Timmy, Sometime in 2007 on a Mountain Far Away..
www.criticalradio.com
www.criticalbattery.com
www.criticaltowers.com
www.criticalresponder.com
Official Registered "Old Buzzard"
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 02:04:03 PM »

Hey thanks Keith i lost that bookmark since i've set up the new dell here, the gateway crashed and i installed a new drive in it so alot of my Goodies have gone to bit heaven.. :razz:
Paul, K2ORC
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 10:58:33 AM »

I've ordered from JAN Crystals and AF4K.

I last placed an order from JAN about two years ago and have ordered from them three times.  They make the crystals to order and it took around 3 weeks from order date to delivery each time.  Communications were good and they told me each time at the time I ordered when they were going to ship.  They are who I'd probably use to get a rock for an "in-between" frequency.  The crystals have the frequency stamped on the case going out several places to the right if that's important.   They had a $25 minimum which meant two crystals ($11 or $12 apiece I forget now),  plus shipping.  The crystals are mounted in a small metal case, but pins are spaced and sized to fit the FT-243 socket and they all work FB with my homebrewed AM and CW xmtrs.  

Bryan, AF4K, seems to have most crystals he advertises -- and he's got quite a list of frequencies -- on hand.  I ordered some rocks from him early last autumn and he filled the order quickly even though he was going through hurricane woes at the time.   He back ordered one crystal, which I got a few weeks later no problems.   He seemed like a really nice guy to do business with and provided prompt emails and all that good follow through stuff.

Go Duke![/b]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015