The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:24:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need manual for the test signal generator for the RCA TK-1 / TK-1C  (Read 2467 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« on: June 20, 2015, 07:36:37 PM »

I wonder if anyone who has worked at a TV station might have a copy with legible schematic. I am looking for the manual, or portion of the manual, for the test pattern generator portion of the TK-1 system.

by way of explaining:

The equipment generates an analog video signal and has a special CRT with the legendary "Indian Chief" test pattern built into it. Written upon a target plate inside the glass face, it produces a signal in relation to the light and dark areas on the target. That is its only purpose, to make the one sole video test pattern signal.

My job is to get it going and record a session of analog video from it to DVD, including any analog artifacts which the individual CRT may produce. It is a way to preserve this ancient paradigm for the future. The pattern generator, supposedly working, is on loan but project is not funded.

The generator is shown below.

If anyone has a 2F21 CRT that looks like the other attachment, I would be interested in it personally.

* ct041a.jpg (65.76 KB, 430x1000 - viewed 399 times.)

* RCA_TK-1C.jpg (77.59 KB, 310x272 - viewed 391 times.)

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 09:13:32 PM »

After 3 years, I have got a TK-1B manual and a supposedly good 2F21 CRT for this project. The TK-1C has an extra 6AL5 but that should not be hard to figure out. There is a TK-1C manual online but the schematic is illegible.

The TK-1 in-hand has a bad CRT HV supply (transformer) and had been supplied with CRT voltages externally, so I can work with that.

As for B+, etc., the TK-1 has its own filament transformer and the external power is 280VDC regulated @ 300mA, and 3VDC regulated at up to 1A, current limited  for the raster centering controls.

There should be an RCA power supply for this but I don't have it. The lab bench supplies should be able to operate this.

Suitable RCA power supplies sought for this would be:
580-C / MI-21523-B1
or
WP-16

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015