The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:48:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another One Gone - Henry Radio Amps  (Read 11935 times)
W1UJR
« on: February 06, 2005, 05:32:51 PM »

Sunday, February 06, 2005
Henry Radio Out of HF and Tube Power Amp Business
Turning to news from the ham radio business community, word that Henry Radio brand high frequency power amplifiers are being discontinued. This, according to Dan Magro, W7RF, of Radiodan who says that the high cost of manufacturing space and the ever rising cost of high power parts has lead to the that now is the time to close down that part of the assembly line.

Gone are all Henry brand tube type and all Henry High Frequency amplifiers. Henry will continue to manufacture solid state class C FM VHF and UHF power amplifiers of up to 500 watts. All warranties will be honored and for now service for all Henry brand high frequency products will continue with what parts are on hand. (W7RF)

Source: Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1434
posted by RadioIntel.com Annex at 1:56 AM

Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 07:23:52 PM »

Not hard to figure they were going this route. They've been selling off all their high voltage RF fixed caps, variable caps, sockets, resistors, relays, etc on Ebay for the last several years.
Here's their current Ebay store listing:
http://stores.ebay.com/Henry-Radio

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 08:31:47 PM »

I do recall you predicting this last year.

NOT!

Quote from: Pete, WA2CWA
Not hard to figure they were going this route. They've been selling off all their high voltage RF fixed caps, variable caps, sockets, resistors, relays, etc on Ebay for the last several years.
WB2RJR

1st BCT, 10th Mountain, returned from Iraq 11/2008

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 09:14:45 PM »

You know it's all over when they start selling this stuff!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13926&item=6152232814

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=813&item=6510173705

73, Marty WB2RJR

AMI #20, GACW #786
W1UJR
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 09:20:25 PM »

http://www.outadaloop.com/henry.htm

W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 11:04:34 PM »

I guess I could get some big bucks for the original 2K I have. It originall used 3-400Z's but the power supply was solid-stated and it pushed the B+ up to 3.2KV. Now you can use the 3-500Z's. Although the 3-400Z's have higher gain.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
wavebourn
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 11:06:49 PM »

Couple of years ago I bought from them on e-bay couple of 4-gang breadslicers.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 02:40:22 AM »

Quote from: Steve - WB3HUZ
I do recall you predicting this last year.

NOT!

Quote from: Pete, WA2CWA

I guess you weren't around back in May or June of 2002 when I mentioned it.

I lightened Ted Shannon's (Henry) store inventory quite a bit back in 2002.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Dana WA1HUM
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 06:45:08 PM »

Well I thought of selling it but I guess I will hold onto my 2K-Classic (looks exactly like the one in the lead off pic) after all.  Ranger II drives it nicely throtlled back in Linnneeear mode.

Draina
Dana WA1HUM
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 07:20:42 PM »

I well remember the big Olympia Ave store of Henry Radio in West Los Angeles tucked off of the San Diego Freeway. I bought a ICOM 21H 2 meter transciever there in '77 that I used there in LA when I was living in Thousand Oaks and workin in Reseda in the San Fernando Valley (during a small earthquke even) and all over Texas, Lousiana and Oklahoma as it ever reliably bounced along on the passenger seat of my big sky-blue Ford "Turdino" station wagon company car.  I even brought the little radio back home to Attleboro MA on 178 County Street and used it for many years more finally selling it at the Deerfield NH "Hosstraders." in '84 just before moving to Londonderry. I have fond memories of Henry Radio of LA. ...Draina
Dana WA1HUM
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2005, 07:21:18 PM »

I well remember the big Olympia Ave store of Henry Radio in West Los Angeles tucked off of the San Diego Freeway. I bought a ICOM 21H 2 meter transciever there in '77 that I used there in LA when I was living in Thousand Oaks and workin in Reseda in the San Fernando Valley (during a small earthquke even) and all over Texas, Lousiana and Oklahoma as it ever reliably bounced along on the passenger seat of my big sky-blue Ford "Turdino" station wagon company car.  I even brought the little radio back home to Attleboro MA on 178 County Street and used it for many years more finally selling it at the Deerfield NH "Hosstraders." in '84 just before moving to Londonderry. I have fond memories of Henry Radio of LA. ...Draina
WA1GFZ

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2005, 08:19:29 PM »

I visited the factory on Bundy in '81. Gee O.J. lived on Bundy if I remember. I drove by his old place on my way to Gladstone's one night.
A cool place at the end of RT66 and PCH.
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 03:17:06 PM »

Guess they couldn't compete with junk class like Ameritron and MFJ.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015