The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:40:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi Guys Pardon my Inactivity here  (Read 9942 times)
W1RKW
Contributing

« on: February 05, 2005, 10:32:24 AM »

Hi Jack,
So sorry to hear about your sister.  My condolensces to you and your family.

Glad to have you back.  If you're feelin bummed out, no better place than to be with friends.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 11:18:49 AM »

Quote from: W1RKW
Hi Jack,
So sorry to hear about your sister.  My condolensces to you and your family.

Glad to have you back.  If you're feelin bummed out, no better place than to be with friends.

HI Bobby, tnx man, it kinda hit me this morning i went down to the dungeon my Notes were right there i left them on the ITS Aural VCO Board i WAS working on at the time when they life flighted her to AGH here in Pittsburgh it's having a problem with the baseband audio sig i think there's a Varactor bad, but, i just picked up the phone and Called "G" this morning... Time to get moving Brother...

Thanks Bobby... means alot man...
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2005, 11:47:56 AM »

Jack, was wondering where you were at.... figured on vacation to some sunny spot.  Sorry to hear about your sister.  Death in the family is never easy - what might take some of the edge off is delving into radio, getting on the air, and cutting up with the boys to take your mind off things.  Works for me.

Good to have you back, man.  73 John

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2005, 12:44:48 PM »

Jack, SRI to hear of your sister's passing. On the 24th of Jan, it would have been 2 years for my sister and we were the same way. It just makes you walk around in a daze for a while. Believe it or not, the best thing I found that was good therapy was getting back to work :cry:

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Paul, K2ORC
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 01:01:34 PM »

Jack, I'm very sorry to hear of your sister's death.  My condolences to you and your family.  As far as radio and everything else, just take it slow and participate when you feel like it.  
Paul K2ORC

Go Duke![/b]
Ed KB1HVS

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2005, 03:35:10 PM »

Jack. Sorry about your loss. Times like these really take the wind out of the sails. Good see you here again. God bless.

KB1HVS. Your Hi Value Station
wavebourn
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2005, 03:36:46 PM »

Welcome back Jack, we missed you!
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2005, 02:02:43 PM »

Hi Jack,
I know what you're going through.  It's happened to me a couple of times with family members and very close friends.  

From my own experience and this was advice from my old man, don't let nothing slow you down.  The best way is to climb up on that horse and keep going.  

About 15 years ago my buddy Don was taken by cancer at a very early age in his life and very suddenly.  The two of use were inseparable.  He was 30 years old.  His departure hit me like a ton of bricks.  It took me a while to get over it but using my old mans advice and those here on the board who have similar advice, occupy yourself with your daily duties and any other things you want to do.  It helps immensely to get over being bummed out.  It also helps you to think about the good things that person did and the influences that person had on your own life.  

You'll bounce back with good memories.  Share those good memories with the good friends here for those moments when you need that lift.  

Like JN said, get on the air and cut up with the guys.  Humor is great medicine.  Your sister would have wanted it that way.

Bob

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2005, 07:25:50 PM »

Thanks Guys... I Knew when i woundered into the group i was In The Best of Company...
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2005, 08:33:16 PM »

My condolences Jack. A loss in the fam it tough. Hope to hear you on the air soon.
N3WWL
Founding

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2005, 08:34:45 PM »

Glad to have you back, Jack.  :mrgreen:   Sorry for your loss. :cry:
W1UJR
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2005, 08:35:35 PM »

Sorry for your loss OM.
Have missed you on the AM Inquirer section Jack, hurry back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015