The AM Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:16:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 40M on West Coast nightly  (Read 5768 times)
W6ZKH

« on: April 05, 2015, 10:37:59 AM »

For the past several weeks, almost daily after 2300z, there has been AM activity here within Calif and Arizona of a good amount of Q's on 7293khz.  Band has been decent until about sundown, then the boys in the midwest start rolling in due to band changes, but they are around 7295khz. Due to slopbucket activity on 7288, we dont use 7290 unless during the daytime.  I am not hearing any AM activity from the Northwest (Ore-WA) though, but I did have a nice contact with a fellow in Idaho.  Nice to see more AM activity here on the left coast, and several are not oldtimers, but new hams too who have found AM, who are using their riceboxes.

John W6ZKH

John W6ZKH
Cen CA
KA7WOC

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 09:36:27 PM »

John,
I have heard you several times, but not well enough to carry on a meaningful QSO.  Will keep listening, and will join in when I can hear you better.
bob
Whidbey Island, Washington

Bob (aka Boatyard)
W6ZKH

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 03:44:43 PM »

John,
I have heard you several times, but not well enough to carry on a meaningful QSO.  Will keep listening, and will join in when I can hear you better.
bob
Whidbey Island, Washington

Okay bob, jump in when you can hear us... I run probably the least power of all at 25 watts carrier with the ricebox, but soon I hope with the Valiant once it gets the parts in from Russia...

John W6ZKH

John W6ZKH
Cen CA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015