The AM Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:36:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WWII RBZ Receiver  (Read 2610 times)
KC2TAU

« on: March 27, 2015, 08:07:16 PM »

This receiver was used by ground troops during WWII for tactical communication. I have spent a fair bit of time recommissioning this receiver and getting back to working order. The power cable was in a severe state of degradation and so I fabricated a new power cable from four conductor microphone cable and installed the original power connector onto this new cable. I also used this same cable to create a new headphone cable with a 1/4" female jack at the end so that this radio may be used with any headphones with a 1/4" plug. The original headphone cable and connector are included should you wish to revert back to factory stock condition.

I also purchased and installed a 9V cell holder that was fashioned in the same shape, size and similar appearance to the original B battery that would power the plate circuit. Finally, I added an 1/8" female jack to the end of the antenna post to allow this to be used with various simple wire antennas. This radio works superbly, is very sensitive and sounds great. The only modification I've done to the circuit is completely reversible. I've adjusted the antenna and oscillator trimmers so that the receiver receives the 49mhz shortwave band at the top end. This can be very easily be returned to the radios factory coverage of 2 - 5.8mhz should you wish to do so as it only requires readjustment of the two trimmers with an alignment tool.

I would like $400 + shipping.

* $_57.JPG (158.2 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 917 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015