The AM Forum
April 17, 2024, 10:12:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote Radio Listening  (Read 18327 times)
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2015, 02:18:03 PM »

Listened last nite, could not hear the crew on 3873 on it, or much of anything on 80 meters.
Just what is it you listen to on it?

The Netherlands site Ralph and I listen to needs no special software download; just go to this webpage and type in the frequency in the box and hit the mode and frequency  and step buttons:

http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/

If I'm here in the office and want to listen to the 75 meter "locals", I use the K2SDR link. He's located down on NJ shore and the 7th one down the list. I'm not sure why you would want to use a European receiver location to hear the 3873 locals.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2015, 05:30:33 PM »

exec summary: go here: http://v2.sdr-radio.com/Download.aspx where the version 2.x is, and and download it and that license, which is going to be needed to use this. The license won't work with the version 1.5 in the original link.

http://www.sdr-radio.com/Download where 1.5 is
http://v2.sdr-radio.com/Download.aspx where 2.x is, and that license.

So now to d/l 2.x

uninstalling 1.5 it left some files in the directory Program Files (x86)\SDR-RADIO.com

It's going to install this version 2.2 in C:\Program Files\SDR-RADIO-PRO.com
instead of 58M is now 300MB so maybe it has a lot of new functions. yay.

In this installed version 2.2 the license manager is in the tools , where stated.
port 7900 open.
put the license file as stated in the directions.

so: home>remote connection>browse web>{pick some radio}>select>connect>{clock on popup}>start.

then the radio is going to play.

OK it was on 7 something Mhz, what a racket, its working.
Now it is working.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
N2DTS
Contributing

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2015, 06:59:56 PM »

I like version 1.5.
Have not tried 2...
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2015, 07:48:03 PM »

Yea, kinda missing the point of remote receivers.  Grin

There is one in Michigan that's good for hearing the Midwest crew and one in AZ that covers the southwest and southern CA pretty well.

I'm not sure why you would want to use a European receiver location to hear the 3873 locals.
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2015, 08:32:56 PM »

Listened last nite, could not hear the crew on 3873 on it, or much of anything on 80 meters.
Just what is it you listen to on it?

I never advocated listening on the Netherlands receiver for the local AM'ers (except for W2VW).  I pointed out that site as one that I needed no additional software to use.

I listen to the Netherlands receiver for European signals, comprenez-vous?

To listen to local signals, I use my Drake R-7 analogue receiver.

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
W1RC
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2015, 03:40:11 AM »

The K2SDR remote receiver works very well for me too. I am using an iPad Air 2 tablet and the mobile version works very well.  The Java issue is non-existent on the iPad and I have a decent Bluetooth speaker that sounds great for a three inch speaker.  

Jeff's antenna is 1/2 a mile from the ocean in Sea Girt NJ.  Seems to be a very low noise location using a vertical receiving antenna.  Copied Don K4KYV the other night at 1:30AM with an excellent signal and bandwidth open to 7.69 KHZ which is the widest it can go.  I hear all the Northeast "Gangstas" loud and clear; most signals are 10dB over or more.

Great stuff.

I sent the link to three of "our guys" who are very seriously ill to give them some radio to play with while they are hospitalized or enduring chemotherapy.  Two of them told me it was the best present I could give them.  

I am thinking of setting up a remote receiver server here in Marblehead one day.  I am 800 feet from the ocean,

MrMike, W1RC

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2015, 09:48:05 AM »

K2SDR is a nice receiver...doesn't seem to be on the main websdr list. Maybe I missed it.

And kudos to Mr Mike...hospitals and chemo are not fun. Life is full of bumps...This past Oct was a replay for me for an intestinal blockage event. A lot harder to be back to full power here.

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2015, 10:46:19 AM »

K2SDR is the ninth one on the list.

In the past, many of the remote receivers had either a poor antenna, a poor (noisy) location or both. This seems to be changing for the better.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015