The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:59:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Experimental Licensee to Operate Betqween 2.5 and 16 MHz  (Read 13395 times)
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« on: February 15, 2015, 02:23:48 AM »

From the ARRL web site dated 2/13/15:
"The ARRL has asked a Massachusetts company that plans to conduct experimental transmissions over wide portions of the HF spectrum either to avoid Amateur Radio allocations or to announce the times and frequencies of their transmissions in advance. The FCC last fall granted MITRE Corporation of Bedford, Massachusetts, a 2-year Part 5 Experimental License, WH2XCI, to operate 21 transmitters at 10 fixed New York and Massachusetts sites. MITRE plans to test wideband HF communication techniques on a variety of bands between 2.5 MHz and 16 MHz...."

For the rest of the story, go here: http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-warns-experimental-licensee-to-avoid-interference-to-hf-ham-activity

If you hear weird stuff on the bands which sounds different from the normal weird stuff we hear, it might be this stuff.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 04:53:21 AM »

I saw this earlier.  What is going on here?  What are they doing?  WHY is the FCC allowing them to do this?? AHHHH!!!!!!  I feel so marginal now.

AMI#1684
WB3JOK

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 10:07:08 AM »

Hope the ARRL can at least get them off the ham bands... remember that BPL crap a few years back? That seems to have gone away. Good thing, too.
W1FVB

VB Radio

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 09:30:07 AM »

If you hear weird stuff on the bands which sounds different from the normal weird stuff we hear, it might be this stuff.

George Carlin would have been proud  Smiley

vbradio.wordpress.com
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 10:18:32 AM »

http://www.tvtechnology.com/article/list-of-experimental-licenses-reveals-interesting-hf-data-comm-experiments/274152
W4EWH

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 12:44:07 PM »

I saw this earlier.  What is going on here?  What are they doing?  WHY is the FCC allowing them to do this??

MITRE is looking to take over the HF bands that aren't in demand for shortwave broadcasting, Maritime services, Fixed services, and (probably) Ham Radio. We're sitting on the only pieces of RF spectrum that the FCC hasn't been able to auction off for billions of dollars, and Uncle Sam wants to know if he can get money for the low bands.

W1AC

Life's too short for plastic radios.  Wallow in the hollow! - KD1SH
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 08:48:39 PM »

These are mind control transmitters. You are all part of the conspiracy.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 10:53:39 PM »

These are mind control transmitters. You are all part of the conspiracy.

Yes. Now you know why I always bring up unusual applications and perform odd experiments. There are many others just like me...

All that PMing and FMing and the little diode notches in the keep-alive corners - it is all part of the plan and contains encoded subliminal neuro-aural downloads. CODE NAME BAND PLAN! Catchy name, eh?

We are legion! We bite the arm! Global Dominion! I tell you only because it is too late! MUUUUuuuhahahahahaaaa.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 01:35:21 AM »

I've been seeing strange stuff on the bands.  I want to blame this Mitre license because I know they are out there but maybe it's not related.  Does anyone know what is going on here on the upper part of the 75 meter band?  Huge swaths being wiped out by rushing digital sounds...

* 75m.JPG (83.4 KB, 1084x299 - viewed 1114 times.)

AMI#1684
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 03:30:57 AM »

I've been seeing strange stuff on the bands.  I want to blame this Mitre license because I know they are out there but maybe it's not related.  Does anyone know what is going on here on the upper part of the 75 meter band?  Huge swaths being wiped out by rushing digital sounds...

It's only 10 KHz wide. Could be International DRM station (although I think they might be wider), could be SSTV, could be some amateur digital voice stuff, or it could be a Class E station tuning up  Cheesy

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
KX5JT
Contributing

John-O-Phonic

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 04:16:09 AM »

Ah, maybe the DRM because it was consistent for more than 20 mintues while I was monitoring 3.878  -- it never unkeyed.

AMI#1684
WB3JOK

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 04:36:00 PM »

We are legion! We bite the arm! Global Dominion! I tell you only because it is too late! MUUUUuuuhahahahahaaaa.

Patrick, your cat is using your laptop again...  Grin
Tom W2ILA

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 08:48:42 PM »

It's the Boston buzzy.  Conditions to Boston must be good today.
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 08:27:43 AM »

Send a check to ARRL and it will stop.
WB3JOK

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 10:54:15 PM »

I heard something similar wiping out the top end of 40 meters the other night... figured it was government jamming of a broadcaster (there's a Christian station around 7300).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015