The AM Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:01:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RCA BTA-1MX Transmitter on 1.885  (Read 7429 times)
KA3EKH

« on: February 06, 2015, 10:18:18 AM »

This is my annual attempt to sell my RCA BTA-1MX Transmitter. It’s all restored and currently operating on 1.885 and I have it currently configured as a 500 watt version with the two 833 modulators and one 833 PA. I have the all the parts to convert back to the full 1 kW version if interested along with a complete set of new spare 833 tubes and lots of other spare parts. The transmitter will still meet with all requirements for broadcast service including flat response from 20 to 20 KHz and all that sort of stuff and also have a GR-1931 modulation monitor and CBS Volumax that can be thrown in.
I have a web page with pictures and all that sort of stuff about it at:
http://staff.salisbury.edu/~rafantini/RCABTA.htm
That’s including a link to a YouTube video of it in operation. My issue is that I just don’t operate it that much and can relay use the floor space. Don’t know if anyone on the list would be real interested being that everything is already done on this project but if it’s someone who wants an old broadcast transmitter that’s all done or if some club or museum is looking for a working display it may have some attraction. Figure that I would want the huge sum of around $1,500.00 for everything but am always open to offers.

Ray Fantini KA3EKH
KA3EKH

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 04:38:39 PM »

Just bought a DEC VAX 2 computer with the CDC reel to reel tape transport in a six foot standing rack and am now in urgent need for floor space! Got to be someone out there who wants to stomp all over 160!
KA3EKH

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 10:08:51 AM »

Man am I getting tired of looking at this thing! Winter is coming and that’s a good time of year for 160 I will also throw in a 1.5 KW RCA dummy load and whatever else is lying around the shop that I am not planning on using! And let’s crank the price down to $1,000.00 for everything.
KA3EKH

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 09:01:58 AM »

SOLD!!!, just have to get it out of the shop now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015