The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:31:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 160 Meter Trans-Atlantic Tests midnight (EST) tomorrow:  (Read 4344 times)
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« on: January 29, 2005, 12:52:25 AM »

Hello All,
            Henk, PE1MPH and his fellow AM friends in the Netherlands are going to try the first round of 160 meter tests tomorrow night at 04:00GMT (12 midnight EST, 06:00 in the Netherlands).

Due to frequency use in Western Europe, and band limits in the Netherlands, we plan on the following frequencies and times:

We will start to call CQ at 04:00GMT for five minutes on 1930KC

At approx: 04:05, we'll listen on 1880KC for five minutes
At            04:10   we'll call CQ on 1930C for five minutes
At            04:15   we'll listen on 1880KC for five minutes

We'll have to split between 1930 and 1880KC since they can't venture above 1880KC, and 1885KC is usually inhabited by groups of sideband ops in Germany, etc.

I hope we won't have interference from corntesters. I checked out both frequencies tonight at 04:00GMT and in spite of the CQ 160 corntest they were clear.

If in the event any of us make the trip "across the pond", we'll be recorded so we can hear what we sound like.

This will be the first series of weekend tests. If you're up and not doing anything at midnight tomorrow, join in for some fun!

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 05:44:11 PM »

Hello All,
           I thought you'd be interested in this:

Hi, I hope this report will be of interest to you.  I heard you this morning at 0554 gmt on 1.9 mhz at a strength of s. 7-8 and when you moved to 1.93 your signal came up to between s.8-9.  My antenna for 160 is a 132ft long wire at 40ft my transceiver is an FT1000D.  I was very pleased to hear you as I only put up this antenna yesterday and also that your signals are the first am sigs I have heard from the USA.  I would have tried to call you but I think my ten watts (the maximum we are allowed to use on this part of the band) would have been pushing it a bit.

Best 73

Colin Stangroom GM0VDL

Congradulations Chuck!!! I'll let everyone know when we can get another sked going to do this again. Hopefully, next weekend.

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015