The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:05:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stancor Chicago "Sealed in Steel" Potted 5 VAC @ 20 Amp CT Filament Transformer  (Read 2224 times)
W2XR
Contributing

« on: January 24, 2015, 02:03:11 PM »

I am continuing my annual shack clean-out, and I have the following filament transformer that is now surplus to my needs:

A tested Stancor Chicago potted and "Sealed in Steel" Model F-520HB 5 volt at 20 amperes center-tapped secondary, with a 115/230 VAC single-phase primary. This high-quality transformer would be perfect for your 4-250A, 4-400A, or any other final amplifier or modulator tube requiring this kind of voltage and current. The secondary winding is rated for 10,000 volts.

This unit is about 5-3/8" W x 4.5" D x 5.25" H, and it weighs about 12 lbs. The ceramic feed-through threaded terminals are located on the bottom of the transformer. Like all of the Chicago and Stancor "Sealed in Steel" transformers, it is a flange mount.

The cosmetic condition is good, but it could benefit from a cleaning to remove the accumulated dust and dirt.

The price is $50.00, plus the cost of shipment to your QTH via FEDEX Ground from my zip code 11725.

Please feel free to ask me any questions about this unit; my e-mail is triodes@optonline.net

Thanks & 73,

Bruce, W2XR

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015