The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:39:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BA Receivers - first chance to AMfone folks  (Read 2305 times)
WA2OLZ
Contributing

« on: December 30, 2014, 09:13:51 AM »

Time to thin the herd before the XYL catches on! Over the past few years I have bought several receivers, trying to find the 'right' one for me. As a result, there are a few I'm not using and will part with. The helpful folks here on AMfone get first shot at them if anyone is interested. This isn't intended to be a money making exercise. I'd just like to get close to what I paid (shown below) for them. All are clean, unmodified and work as they should.

First - Collins 75A-3. It does not have the AM filter but I kludged a 6KC filter from an old Browning and it works. The installation is ugly as sin and needs to be properly installed, but it works. I also bought a 4:1 reduction dial for it and can't make it work. That's included also. $400

Second -  National NC-300. Slide rule dial is NOT burned, as most of them are. Cabinet is presentable but not collector grade. The aluminum trim strips along the sides of the cabinet are missing. $175

Third - Kenwood hybrid R599A receiver. The receive half of the Kenwood twins. $200

Fourth - Kenwood hybrid twins. Including R599D, T599D, S599D (It's the matching speaker) and the interconnecting cable from the receiver to the transmitter.  $425

As I said, I'm not trying to make anything on these. Make a reasonable offer on the whole batch and we can probably make it happen.

I'd really rather not ship these rigs. Pickup in Pittstown, NJ is preferred or I'm willing to drive a hundred miles or so to meet.

If no interest here I'll list them on EHam, QTH and QRZ for the masses.

Jack
WA2OLZ
WA2OLZ
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 10:27:02 AM »

If it makes a difference - the R599A receiver includes both the 2M and 6M converters. The R599D has the 2M converter, but not 6M
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015