The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:32:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on Frank-KB3AHE  (Read 49775 times)
W3GMS
Contributing

« on: October 29, 2014, 07:59:24 AM »

I just received a call from Frank's wife Carol.  She told me that Frank's body is in the process of shutting down and she thinks he is now in a coma, although that has not been confirmed.  The turning point was the other day when they were sitting out on the porch and Frank was enjoying having the warm sun on his face.  While out on the porch, he started having severe pains in his feet followed by the blue color starting up the legs.  Hospice told Carol that his body was shutting down.  She promised to keep me updated. 

Carol asked me to do this posting.   She is overwhelmed with all the support and help and in particular mentioned all the fantastic work Johnny-W3JN did with finding new homes for Frank's belongings.  Ken-W2DTC sent her all the photo's from the Post Timonium Bashes that Frank and Carol hosted for many years.  She really enjoyed getting all the pictures from those wonderful times.   

Frank currently is in no pain and as I get further updates I certainly will pass them along.

Joe - W3GMS   

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 08:19:14 AM »

A finer man we will not meet.
Thank you Joe for Frank's news.

I'm kind of locked up here trying to express
The very best To them both.

RICK  *W3RSW*
RolandSWL
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 08:35:16 AM »

I have been following the ordeal of Frank and his health issues since the first post. I don't know him personally but I'm sure I have heard him over the air for many years.
 I sit hear with a large lump in my throat and a wet eye. God bless him and his family.

RSWL....................
W2JRO

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 08:49:23 AM »

I never talked to Frank on the air or at a 'fester, but reading his posts tells me he took this ordeal with incredible strength,resiliency, and a sense of humor. May god give peace to him and his family, and may he set up a station in heaven with clear frequencies, no zoning restrictions and bombastic audio!
KA2DZT

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 09:02:58 AM »

Joe,

Thanks for the update.

News I was hoping I would never hear.

Fred
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 09:06:17 AM »

I never worked Frank, but had the pleasure of meeting him and Carrol about 10 years ago when I bought some equipment from him. They were fine hosts and I enjoyed talking with them both and getting the full tour of his station and QTH.
We also would exchange PMs about various subjects on the BB.
I wish him a comfortable and enjoyable future and expect to see a full station to emulate when I arrive someday.
Carl
/KPD

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 09:16:25 AM »

Joe,
      Many thanks for the update. I guess we got our signals switched as I posted something similar to what you did on the QSO section per request of Carol this morning. It's news I really feel bad about since Frank seemed to be doing so well up to a few days ago.

Let's all keep him in our prayers.

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 09:38:48 AM »

Thanks Joe!

I just chatted with him on Monday. He was in a great mood telling me about the R390A I got from him. We set up a "sked" for this weekend coming not knowing, of course, what the daily futures would bring.

All my prayers for my dear friend!
KA8WTK
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 10:52:19 AM »

Thanks for the up-date Joe. I am sorry you are the bearer fo such bad tidings.
God be with Carol during this time.

Bill KA8WTK
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 03:34:18 PM »

Hello All,
           This message comes with heartfelt sorrow. I just spoke to Carol, the XYL of Frank Esposito KB3AHE and she informed me that he quietly passed away this afternoon.  Please pray for both Frank and Carol.

Thank you.

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 04:50:59 PM »

Wow, that was fast.  From what Carol was saying this morning I figured it would be a least a couple of days.  Well he is in peace now and Frank lived one heck of an interesting life.  Plus, he would do anything to help any of his friends.  Now we continue with all those great memories to cherish. 
Carol especially is going to have it tough though.  She and Frank were very close like Dave-ZRF and Pam.  I will be checking in with her after things settled down a bit.

Joe, GMS

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
kb3nqd

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 05:36:03 PM »

Frank and Carol are the Godparents for my daughter
  It is a sad day indeed having read he went SK earlier today.  He was quite possibly one of the finest men I have ever known.

Kb3nqd

KA8WTK
Contributing

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 05:48:54 PM »

R.I.P. my friend. God be with you, Carol.

Bill KA8WTK
n3lrx
Yellrx Radio
Contributing

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 08:01:21 PM »

I am deeply saddened by the news, even though I knew it was coming, one can never prepare for such things.
God be with Carol. She is in my prayers.

Randy, N3LRX (Yellrx)
KC2FXE

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 08:22:39 PM »

R.I.P Frank  god speed
 Cry Cry Cry

John L.Ahrens Sr.
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 08:26:01 PM »

God bless you Frank and Carol.  

We will certainly miss Frank on the What's For Dinner net.

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 08:29:29 PM »

I'll remember always his great posts, knowledge and love of the hobby, answering questions nicely for new people, and good sense of humor here. God bless and keep the good soul of Frank. Holy Spirit, comfort Carol and family in this trial. Amen.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
N2DTS
Contributing

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 09:14:56 PM »

I do not know if I ever worked Frank on the air, I looked through my log a bit and did not find his call.
I went back and read the entire thread about his getting sick, he sure handled it well.

W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 09:48:07 PM »

He brought us all together.
Every Spring.

Simply the Real Timonium.

RICK  *W3RSW*
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 11:04:58 PM »

The Slab Bacon's radio waves will continue to trek the universe forever.

Rest in peace, Frank.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
K4RT
Contributing

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 11:05:24 PM »

My condolences to Frank's wife, family & friends.  

Although I did not have the privilege of meeting Frank, through reading his amfone posts the past several years I have learned from the knowledge he shared here.
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 11:28:33 PM »

We've lost a good one. I cannot express how I will miss him. RIP Frank. God bless Carol.
k7yoo

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 01:56:15 AM »

I miss Frank on many levels. We shared  common bonds in radio, machine work, motorcycles, old iron..... the list goes on...but most of all we shared a faith that all of the interests and skills we are blessed wth are just the warm up act for the eternal plans of the Almighty. Frank chose to use his gifts to bless many, many, other people, both friends and family. I always wanted Frank and Carol to visit us in Minnesota, but he graciously let me know that they were taking care of his mom and would be staying close to home...never even a hint that he considered this a burden.
During our last landline QSO I was truly touched by his courage and composure when I knew he was suffering mightily.
and one more thing..anyone who can make a Viking Invader play was pretty special!!
We miss you Frank
SM6OID

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 04:05:09 AM »

Rest In Peace, Frank!
My condolences to Carol.

/Morgan, SM6OID

RADIO: 51J-4, R-390A, SP-600 JX-21, BRT-400, Set No 19, T-47/ART-13, RF-590, SRT CR91, BC-312D, BC-348Q, HF-8020/8030/8010A/8090,  and much more...

ENGINE: Zvezda M50 F6L (V12), Rolls-Royce Meteor mk4B/2 (V12), Rolls-Royce B80 (inline 8 ) and much more
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 05:39:32 AM »

Damn! I kind of figured that was going to be the case when I checked in here. My God be with Carol and her family as she struggles through this time of sorrow.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015