The AM Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:07:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnson Valliant band switch replace  (Read 2668 times)
KR4BR

« on: September 15, 2014, 02:11:29 PM »

Hi everybody , my name is Jerry KR4BR located in west Tennessee, Been off the air for a while, since moving  form Florida . I have a Valliant that I rescued from a CBer many years ago, And it had burned contacts on the band switch. I replaced then a number of times with parts from other switches, using 2-56 screws and nuts. I ended up jumping the switch so I could run 10 meters. I was reading a article by Timtron WA1HLR, where he mentioned a AL-572 or AL-80 switch would work. The question is has anybody done this and does any one Have any details they could pass along? I installed one of the Amertron switches in a fellow hams Dentron  Clipperton -L and it was ten times better. Thanks for any help from Jerry KR4BR
ka4koe
Contributing

It's alive. IT'S ALIVE!!!

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 08:31:32 AM »

I would venture a guess that Timmy has done this mod. Try emailing him and asking. He doesn't check email all that often, so it may be a week before you get an answer.

P

I'm outta control, plain and simple. Now I have a broadcast transmitter.
KR4BR

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 12:10:36 PM »

Thanks for the reply. , I was looking as how to contact him, But could not find a e-mail address,, On the other hand I wasn't sure if he would like being contacted with my problem. Been off the air for a while  because of relocation from ST. Cloud Florida to west Tennessee and  XYL has been bed ridden since being in Tn. Been a ham for 61 years and enjoy Hollow state more then ever, 733 from Jerry KR4BR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015