The AM Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:00:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW MANY AMERS?  (Read 31181 times)
WA1GFZ

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2005, 03:17:01 PM »

Last time I flew I had steel toe boots on and that created a big deal until they found the guy behind me had a switch blade. Priorities changed fast.
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2005, 04:23:05 PM »

Quote from: WA1GFZ
Last time I flew I had steel toe boots on and that created a big deal until they found the guy behind me had a switch blade. Priorities changed fast.

If he was from the South, he used it to clean his fingernails.
W8ER
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2005, 07:42:51 PM »

Jim W5JO said:
If he was from the South, he used it to clean his fingernails.

:lol:  :lol:

Or ... used it to pick both of his teeth!

--Larry
wavebourn
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2005, 08:00:11 PM »

I was bored in the lo-o-o-o-ong queue in the Orlando, FL, when an uniformed lady asked me to go directly to the room (I saw how her brain crinkles moved when she tried to spell my name). There I took off my shoes and jacket, sat down to relax, also they gave me a smooth massage with light exercises, as the result instead of standing and waiting I passed fast and got some pleasure. Wink
W2JBL

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2005, 09:46:44 PM »

well- i can't offer a Thompson frog hunt...BUT i do have a place where i can piss off my porch and shoot at the sun all day long and nobody cares.
we could have a good time at KD2XA/Adirondack shooting chipmonks, crows and toads with .30 caliber battle rifles some time. of course i transmit AM from there too.
w1es
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2005, 09:37:44 PM »

Clarkie, you don't still have that thing, do you?
 :badgrin:
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2005, 02:59:24 AM »

Quote from: w3jn
There are several in Cuba, hanging out mostly on 160.  Castro apologist/propagandist Arnie Coro CO2KK is the most prominent one - believe he even has an old buzzard broadcash xmitter set up for 160.

73 John

I used to hear a lot of Cuban AM'ers on 160 in the middle of winter when the QRN was gone.  Most were too pissweak to copy, and had a lot of FM on their unstable carriers.  I remember working a couple, but although they seemed to copy me OK, it always took several exchanges to me to get their callsign and name.

I figured they ran 25 watts or less and had to build their rigs from scratch using what parts were on hand, most likely discarded tube type BC receivers.  Haven't heard them for the last year or two.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2005, 08:33:10 AM »

I figured they ran 25 watts or less and had to build their rigs from scratch using what parts were on hand, most likely discarded tube type BC receivers. Haven't heard them for the last year or two.

Tubes are *very* scarce in Cuba, and any BC receivers using same have, in my experience, had all of their tubes die of low emission.  There is a fairly active solid-state homebrewing community amongst the hams in Cuba, however.  They might have also been using surplus military equipment.  I saw a complete ART-13 in an antique shop in Havana but they wanted $500 or so, IIRC, for it.

Most of the guys you heard probably got locked up by Castro for talking to the imperialists  :ctf:

73 John

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2005, 10:00:44 AM »

Quote from: w3jn

Most of the guys you heard probably got locked up by Castro for talking to the imperialists  :ctf:

73 John

There are a few guys who hang around here that Castro should have no problems with. :twisted:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015