The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:13:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: viking valiant panel lamps  (Read 2647 times)
n6biz

« on: July 14, 2014, 11:36:06 PM »

a source for a green 10mm power on lamp please...
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 12:39:13 AM »

7.5V  .22A

http://www.radiodaze.com

http://www.tubesandmore.com

klc

What? Me worry?
WB5IRI
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 12:07:12 PM »

Do you mean the jeweled bezel that passes through the front VFO panel? If so, those are very hard to find. Most Valiant I's came with red ones, and Valiant II's came with green ones. I have a short version in green of the proper diameter. It is not long enough to go through both the VFO cover and the front panel, but it does mount fine to the VFO cover itself. If that will help you, email me off list at douglas.rowlett@gmail.com and I'll send it to you, no charge. I also have a red jewel of the proper length, if you would prefer that, also no charge.

Doug, WB5IRI
WA2OLZ
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 10:29:36 AM »

Another of my dumb questions: is it necessary to remove the Valiant cabinet to replace the jeweled cover or does it just screw in place from the outside? My red and green are reversed and have been since I bought the rig. Not too bad on the transmitter but could be deadly on a boat or aircraft!

WB5IRI
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 04:48:51 PM »

You shouldn't have to do much. Just slide the radio partway out of the cabinet (remove power first!!), so you can get at the nut holding the jeweled bezel to the inside of the front panel. Remove the nut, and the bezel should slide right out the front. Reverse them, with green for power and red for high voltage, replace the nuts, and you're done. The only complication might be if someone has put a capture nut on the inside of the VFO face plate. I've never actually seen this, just heard about it, but if it's the case, then you would have to remove the VFO face plate as well, with attendant care being taken not to break the delicate VFO shaft coupler.

Doug, WB5IRI
WA2OLZ
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 06:04:49 PM »

Thank you, Doug. We'll give it a try

Jack
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015