The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:38:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SX-28 repair needed in Dallas TX area. Who is reliable and honest?  (Read 2106 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« on: April 14, 2014, 01:10:37 AM »

Now that I have a 75A-2, and it's been doing well on AM reception, I want to pay someone who is very experienced with the SX-28 to go through one I recently found, and repair/align it to factory performance. It's in pretty good working condition already and is nice looking, some caps replaced by previous owner but no hacking has been done, so should be straightforward. I've had it running a few months, seems Ok for the most part but it randomly jumps around a few KC and drifts more than it should.

I need someone who knows the SX-28 and will absolutely not presume to defile the set with mods, holes, extra tubes, and other junk unless I review it all first and agree to it. I am open to suggestions and there are probably some few harmless things that could be done to reduce the drift or improve the detector's audio quality because I SWL and SW-DX with it. But I want someone who knows how to do a straight repair/service and won't push mods that are not wanted.

I have budgeted some $ for it, even tho I am not employed, I have set aside enough.. I do not want to ship this, will deliver and pick up.

Anyone recommend someone with a good reputation in the DFW area or within 100-200 miles of it?

Please PM, so as to avoid possibly unduly promoting or discrediting anyone, to be fair..

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015