The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:00:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CQ 160M CQ AM, This is N3IBX calling CQ 160M CQ AM  (Read 11218 times)
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« on: January 09, 2005, 04:58:05 AM »

Anyone still up (or waking up) at this hour (5:00AM) want to try a long haul 160 meter contact? I'll be calling CQ on 1885KC.

BTW, the contact need not be DX, just anyone willing to listen to my "crappy, hyellowy, and tinny" transmitter.

Hope to hear someone in there.........

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 08:34:58 AM »

Quote from: Vortex Joe - N3IBX
Anyone still up (or waking up) at this hour (5:00AM) want to try a long haul 160 meter contact? ......

Hi Joe,

I heard you on 160M last night and also a few nights ago. What transmitter are you using there? It has the best audio I've ever heard you with. Clean with good highs and lows.  I realized that your voice is  much different than what I'm used to hearing in the past with the other rigs... :-)

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 12:08:17 PM »

Tom,
      I (finally) got my Gates BC1-T operating again. It had a modulator bi-ass problem as well as a few other issues that prevented it from operating for more than a few months.

My audio chain is a Behringer B-1 corndenture microphonium into a Behringer VX-2000 "Ultra Voice Pro" EQ, then directly into the BC1-T. It's the same mike EQ I use with the T-368, but with a different mic and phase.

Neat thing about the VX-2000 and other boxes like it that offer a change in phase with the press of a button!

Many thanks for the compliments on my audio! I know I sometimes must give the impression that my mainstay is a double button carbonium microphonium into a variety of blackcrackley transmitters. (admittingly my favorite!)

I heard you last night on 75M with Ted, KC3OL and Robert, W0 Voice Modulated Carrier, working Coast to Coast stuff. The band was quite long here as I could hardly hear you and Brent-Tina, W1IA; who are usually strapescent here. Robert and some of the other Mid-Western stations were very strong.

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 02:31:27 PM »

What transmitter are you using there? It has the best audio I've ever heard you with. Clean with good highs and lows.

I have to agree with Señor Vu. Your audio last night sounded quite natural. That puts you in the same catagory as the other Joe, W3GMS, as sounding the same over the air as in person. BTW, we have to carve a hole somewhere so that we can get down to some serious BSing :mrgreen:

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 07:06:01 PM »

[quote="W3SLK we have to carve a hole somewhere so that we can get down to some serious BSing :mrgreen:[/quote]

Mike(y),
           What's your pleasure? Can you toon up around 1930KC or down around 1875KC?

Joe Cro N3IBX

W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 07:29:56 PM »

Can you toon up around 1930KC or down around 1875KC?

1875 is better for me. I can toon their with little Xmitter C as opposed to 1940. Damn it! I have to build the giant sized T-tuna. :minigun:

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 12:08:17 AM »

Quote from: W3SLK
Can you toon up around 1930KC or down around 1875KC?

1875 is better for me. I can toon their with little Xmitter C as opposed to 1940. Damn it! I have to build the giant sized T-tuna. :minigun:

Mike(y),
           I'ze B tuna-ed up on 1875 this week. I hope we can keep the evil slopbucketeers at bay!

Joe Cro N3IBX

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015