The AM Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:37:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Fine Business Russian ham radio site  (Read 8683 times)
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« on: January 07, 2005, 07:35:31 PM »

A receiver mailing list I subsribe to recommended www.cqham.ru

Then click on the British Flag to auto-translate (it's fair, enough to understand, but uses words like "pressure" instead of voltage, etc).

It's like qrz.com only better!

There are scads of old buzzard schematics and projects going back to 1924 as well as tons of amplifier projects using current Russian toobs, etc.  A truly superb site.

73 John

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
wavebourn
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 01:18:10 AM »

John, such Russian openness is result of absence of the Patent Law (there were no such law in USSR), so we shared all ideas freely, and used to compete whose idea is better! :lol:
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 01:28:04 AM »

Johnny,
           I checked out the site and it's very good indeed. I just started to discover some of the homebrewski articles and think they're definitely hi hi FBOM!

It is like QR-zed.com but better. Thanks for the link.

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
WB2CAU

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 08:49:56 AM »

Quote from: wavebourn
John, such Russian openness is result of absence of the Patent Law (there were no such law in USSR), so we shared all ideas freely, and used to compete whose idea is better! :lol:

Should I assume that it is similar in concept to "open source" software?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
wavebourn
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 01:09:54 PM »

Quote from: WB2CAU
Quote from: wavebourn

Should I assume that it is similar in concept to "open source" software?

It was. Now it is ending since private business come to Russia and patent law restored there.
xe1yzy

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 05:59:06 PM »

Сервер Кубанских радиолюбителей  :oops:

TVI WHAT TVI?
wavebourn
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 06:00:56 PM »

Quote from: xe1yzy
Сервер Кубанских радиолюбителей  :oops:

Yes, the server of radio amateurs of the Kuban's region. It is not Cuba, it is Kuban' region of Russia.
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 06:53:46 PM »

What ever happened to the Russian YL website of all the young beautiful Russian Hams and would be Ham Ops?

I'd think we'd have the obvious in common and they're familar with vacuum tubes - a marriage made in heaven!

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 07:25:59 AM »

Joe,
Dey ver snatched from their Ham radios to Svetlana toob factory to blow glass fer der audio toobs, so dat der engineers can keep designing weird audio ampliers.
HA!

G'day

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
wa2zdy
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 09:06:18 AM »

Like I've said many times in posts on qrz.com, the ham radio of old in the USSR was something else.  They seemed not to have any power supply chokes or electrolytics, but those guys knew their stuff.  What they were able to do with what little they apparently had was similar to the Cuban mechanics keeping the 55 Nomads running.

The chirps and AC hums of course gave them away long before they identified, but looking back, that was just another part of the romance of ham radio.

And like I've said also to new guys, "14 tubes" was NOT the name of a Soviet receiver factory.
wavebourn
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2005, 09:19:12 PM »

Come on Chris, Russian hams used to buy great parts stolen from military plants... You could wander looking at what they used to sell on flea markets back in 1970'th -- a lot of new parts from classified enterprises. CIA agents could visit flea markets only to figure out what kind of production plants in certain city run. :lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015