The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:52:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rally Fun  (Read 11704 times)
W1IA

« on: January 09, 2005, 12:34:34 PM »

What a great time! Although we were fighting some manmade noise here in the northeast, the conditions were pretty good to the midwest and down the altantic seaboard.

Brent W1IA

Run What Ya Brung!
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 01:29:25 PM »

Yep, Brentina,  this was one of the best Heavy Metals on 75M I can remember.  We were blessed with great cornditions and lots of activity. The contacts were made at just the right pace, laid back, but still giving lots of guys a chance to participate.

The highlight was working the wet coast and also hearing Robert/W0VMC crashing in.  Also enjoyed checking out Ted/KC3OL's website and hearing my echos. It was interesting hearing stations here in the east and seeing what kind of signal they had out to Kansas City on the remote.

I even got the chance to fill in Lonnie/W0GZV about why Brent is called "Brentina".    

Real good time.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Paul, K2ORC
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 01:43:38 PM »

I was amazed how strong stations from the west were on 75 m so early in the evening.  By around 9:30pm locals were almost inaudible while signals from the west just got stronger and stronger.

Dave, W6PSS from CA was coming in here before 10pm EST, a solid 10 over S9 with virtually no QSB.   W0VMC from western WI was a powerhouse for sure as was Ted, KC3OL from KC.  Heard VE7KHZ although nowhere near as strong as W6PSS.

Enjoyed chatting with Bill KD0HG (with a 40 to 50 over signal) before shutting down for the night around 10:30.  Wish I could have stayed up later, but am still battling the respiratory flu bug.      

Hope everyone had a good time.

Go Duke![/b]
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 01:44:26 PM »

:minigun: Is it over. I think I got 12 points.  :tfrag:

Too bad they didn't have an offical log file to send in. Maybe it was there but I didn't see it. What can I get with my 12 points :mrgreen:

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
WA1HZK

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 01:54:05 PM »

I did not have an official log but I kept track of the callsigns I worked on 75. I'll at least send in that list stating that I told those guys they were working 800 Lbs. of Iron. Good time last night. I would not have been there but for the help of Tina whom I called in a panic to tell him that my dipole fell down in the middle of the blizzard. He came over with his gear & we took my sons Bow & shot an arrow back over the tree to get the ant back up where it belonged. After two years working on that 833 rig I was determined to make some contacts last night. Anyway it was a pleasure working so many fine big rigs. Please keep those filiments warm and use them again soon.
Keith
WA1HZK

AM is Not A Hobby - It's a "Way of Life"!
Timmy, Sometime in 2007 on a Mountain Far Away..
www.criticalradio.com
www.criticalbattery.com
www.criticaltowers.com
www.criticalresponder.com
Official Registered "Old Buzzard"
WA1GFZ

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 09:15:01 PM »

I heard you guys having a ball on 3825 last night while I provided class e
multipier points on 160. I put a neon bulb on the power supply for some
added glow and turned the heat up to simulate a tube rig keeping the shack warm.
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 10:05:20 PM »

It was good to hear you last night Frank. I think that is the first time we talked other than the eyeball QSO a few years ago. The E-rig was sounding FB down here in Rushtown.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015