Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/11/d132647312/htdocs/Amfone/mkportal/include/SMF/smf_out.php on line 47
Thought I heard a peep...

The AM Forum
April 07, 2020, 11:56:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thought I heard a peep...  (Read 2255 times)
n4joy

« on: January 31, 2014, 08:14:15 PM »

I've been calling CQ on 6 meters ritualistically during the evenings on 50.4 (and lower on occasions) for 30 minutes to one hour--I even monitor longer as I work in the office.  I typically look north and north west from central Florida but rotate the beam around and call CQ in various directions.  I have yet to hear any activity, but I got excited when someone tuned up on 50.4 it was a strong signal--no audio.  Well, my excitement was short lived.

I'll remain persistent... hopefully I'll make my first 6 meter AM contact in the next year!  Roll Eyes   

AM VHF definitely requires patience and knowing band conditions.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 08:20:39 PM »

As I said in another thread, call CQ down in the main SSB area (50.135 or 50.140). Bet you'll get an answer there and maybe even on AM. Sometimes when I want to stir up some 6 meter activity, I call CQ on LSB on the calling frequency. That brings them out of the woodwork.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
n4joy

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 09:03:50 PM »

Hi, Pete.  Thank you.  Yes, I am trying down in the SSB range as well--although not as often but definitely with some frequency.  I recently repaired my Gonset VFO (paired with my Gonset Communicator IV) for this very reason, but I'll try more often on the frequencies you suggest and let you know the outcome!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone 2001-2015