The AM Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:54:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Banned from this site  (Read 11984 times)
wb6kwt
Contributing

« on: September 12, 2013, 11:22:49 AM »

I'm on vacation and was trying to log on to the site with my Ipad and received a message saying I was banned from this site. I tried to log on using my normal information but could not get past the banned message. Anyone know why using an Ipad would cause this? I'm using my sisters computer right now and no issues.

Thanks,

Bob
wb6kwt
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 05:02:14 PM »

Bob,
this is the first time I have heard of this situation. I have accessed AMFone using my wifes Ipad with no problem.  I wonder if it is an ISP problem?  I'm sure Steve and the others who run the site will have a solution.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 06:26:55 PM »

Using an iPad shouldn't cause a problem, Bob.

Perhaps the IP address you were on was on our blacklist.  We have hundreds of spambots trying to register here each day and I've banned many IP ranges for the worst offenders.  Maybe you got caught up in that.

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 08:53:07 AM »

I sent Bob a note to let him know I'd moved his post yesterday and mentioned the ISP issue (even though I have little idea). He sent this back:

Thanks for the reply but I don't think it's an ISP issue because my iPad is logged on to my sisters wifi and I'm replying to this email using the same wifi ISP.

Bob

For whatever insight that adds. By email he meant PM, but if he changed something to re-gain access for the original post, I'm guessing this is a moot point.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 08:18:22 PM »

Banned but posting. What did I miss?
kb3ouk

The Voice of Fulton County

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 09:29:42 PM »

If it was an IP address blacklisting issue, then like he said, how could the computer get on but the iPad not when they would both show up as the same IP address?

Clarke's Second Law: The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is by venturing a little past them into the impossible
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015