1936 kHz AM Net on NOW (Thursday Eve.)

<< < (2/2)

Tom WA3KLR:
Hi Joe,

Yes it is.  Unfortunately somehow I missed the posting.

I can't make the AWA net this morning, leaving for an appointment now.

ka4koe:
Conditions were not good. Had a hard time hearing NCS but he finally came up. I'm just glad I was heard on my incomplete inverted L…..only has 5 radials at the moment.

PAN

steve_qix:
Quote from: ka4koe on December 27, 2013, 08:52:02 AM

Conditions were not good. Had a hard time hearing NCS but he finally came up. I'm just glad I was heard on my incomplete inverted L…..only has 5 radials at the moment.

PAN

I heard you check in.  Not strong, but there !!!  Conditions were very much local.  There was a group of W1s on at the same time - pinning the meter.  While Don K4KYV actually faded down into the noise which almost never happens except during the summer.

So, it was definitely a local night.

W8VG:
There are some things that I really miss now that I'm out here on West Coast.  The cold weather isn't in that category but the 1936 net definitely is. 

In years gone by, used to have great time listening to them on AM nite and even made it in once or twice on my Valiant/75 mtr dipole from Northern VA.  Also used to check in on SSB occasionally--an easier feat. 

Grew up in Cincy--lots of the old radio buds are in there on Thursday nights to include Bill NM4A. 

73's
Geo W8VG
Fullerton CA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands