1936 kHz AM Net on NOW (Thursday Eve.)

(1/2) > >>

Tom WA3KLR:
I just spotted the 1936 kHz AM net (Cinninati ARA) going on now.  Net control is K4RRH.  This net is on the last Thursday of the year.  

It is 8:59 p.m. Eastern time right now.

New net control at 9 p.m. is Bill NM4A, Union Kentucky.

ka4koe:
I'm on.

steve_qix:
Quote from: ka4koe on December 26, 2013, 09:13:57 PM

I'm on.

I got on, and also listened for a long time.  I heard many of the stations, but conditions - at least here - were DOWN.  Don K4KYV was quite weak among many others.  Stations in New England were real strong, so local conditions were good.  Some stations were not readable at all, and this is very unusual.

Other than that, it appeared as if there were a lot of check-ins, and QRM from SSB stations was very low.

Tom WA3KLR:
I believe I was the last check-in at 11:20 p.m.  I had to be relayed by Steve W4YHD in Virginia.  Someone should have put an Announcement post here beforehand.

Put a note on your new calendars for the last Thursday in 2014.  That is Christmas day night next year.  I think it starts at 8 p.m.

W3GMS:
Is this not the same net which was posted by Steve -WA1QIX? 

Joe, GMS

Quote from: steve_qix on December 26, 2013, 12:50:12 PM

Posted for George, K8RRH

The Greater Cincinnati ARA 1936 net will hold its Annual AM night on Thursday, December 26, 2013. 

The net is normally conducted each Thursday at 9PM in LSB but on the last Thursday of the year we switch to AM. 

The official start time is 9PM, however on AM night a pre-list of check-in's will be taken starting at 6PM. 

The frequency will be 1936 kHz as usual.  The net, founded in 1936 and revitalized in 1986 on the 50th anniversary of the GCARA, is one of the oldest nets in the country.  AM rigs of every vintage and description are welcome. 

Please join us December 26th for some "gud ole" 160 meter Amplitude Modulation !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands