The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:14:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Northern Radio Company: Seattle  (Read 20163 times)
ve3bkd

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 07:48:56 PM »

Hi Steve thanks for sharing those scematics since their very valuable and rare to find. You might be one of the only people out there with these copies. However they are helpful for my transmitter and reciever but not the right ones yet. I got it that you dont have the exact scematic for my transmitter and reciever. But if you did Im sure you would of shared it with me and the others in the forum. However they are pretty DAMN close in the power supply section and the transmitter as well with the acception of those I mentioned before.

I like your amplifiers there definatlly very well built. I think the engineers at Northern Radio Co. did a good job on there units. I wonder if anyone has anymore info but I could be wrong. Keep gathering these units and please dont let them get wasted away.

I'm hoping to get it up and running soon, Im working on it right now. I found some power supply issues, like the 866 rectifiers. Will be swapping those two for a pair of 3b28's for now just to be safe. I'll be powering the power supply by itself. I will keep you poster. And I hope to get it on the air soon

Steve, i believe your in Alaska. It must be so so cold. Its only about 3 degrees celcious here in Toronto Ontario.

73's Peter
KL7OF

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 08:20:25 PM »

Peter...Glad you got some use from those schematics...They were given to me by Roy, KA7NGT who also has a Northern Txcvr...My Northern radios came from Alaska...The Txcvr was from the Peter Pan Cannery in Naknek...It was the ship to shore radio...The 1000 watt amp came from the Alaska State Troopers...I spend the summer in Alaska and the winter in Washington state....
ve3bkd

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 08:49:34 AM »

Hey, Steve yes im very happy with the schematics, i wonder if your friends Roy kafng7 might have the right scematic for my n515 transeiver or transmitter 807's , the rf deck.

Those units deffinatly have some value and history. Steve, how are you using your tranciever are you using it as it is or a VFO on it? I'm thinking of doing that because i dont have many crystals. I wonder if its going to work. .

and yes the weather its 11c here today ,how its the weather where you are.

73's Peter
KL7OF

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, 09:18:40 AM »

I will ask Roy if he has any more Northern schematics.......I don't think there are any more to be had however....He sent me copies of all the Northern stuff he had...
   These radios are set up to be xtal controlled...A VFO would work ....but because of the radios design, you would have to switch the vfo output to another tuned input section if you wanted to change bands....
ve3bkd

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2013, 10:37:29 PM »

Hi Steve, thanks you for replying to all my questions, pictures and schematics.
I have a heathkit vf1 and viking 122 vfo, will it work on my northern radio marine transceiver?
and do you know what the antenna output impedance is, can i just hook a long wire or do i need an antenna tuner, i wonder what type of antenna they used on board the ships.
73s peter
ka4koe
Contributing

It's alive. IT'S ALIVE!!!

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 08:20:59 PM »

A local friend sent me this photo of an N562 he ran across.

Philip

* n562.jpg (1910.07 KB, 2272x1704 - viewed 707 times.)

I'm outta control, plain and simple. Now I have a broadcast transmitter.
KL7OF

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2019, 01:06:29 PM »

Hi Steve, thanks you for replying to all my questions, pictures and schematics.
I have a heathkit vf1 and viking 122 vfo, will it work on my northern radio marine transceiver?
and do you know what the antenna output impedance is, can i just hook a long wire or do i need an antenna tuner, i wonder what type of antenna they used on board the ships.
73s peter
Peter...It has been a while since this thread was active...I am working on my N529E S/N 143 right now...I have it on the air on 160 and 75 meters....The ideal antenna impedance is 50-60 ohms and the TX will tune there without the use of the internal antenna matching circuit(s)   I don't see why a VFO wont work if you plug it into the Xtal socket...I wouldn't be afraid to try..   Have you got your TX working yet??   Good Luck...Steve KL7OF
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015