The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:25:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Happened To Da Bacon?  (Read 170244 times)
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #200 on: August 23, 2014, 10:50:58 PM »

Frank,
Thoughts and prayers go out to you and Carol. Know you have many caring and thinking of you two
Carl
/KPD

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #201 on: August 24, 2014, 07:47:18 AM »

This moment came too soon and I hope you have thoughts of peace within yourself and that you have made peace with God.
Take dear Frank.
Fred KC4MOP

I've spent hours on the phone with Frank talking about God and I am at peace knowing he is a believer . I pray for the the survivors that he leaves behind and that someday I'll see him again.
That was very good of you, Randy to do that. It probably took a lot of courage. There is so much Anti-God lately. Then you and Frank and me, for sure, will meet again.
Fred

Fred KC4MOP
n3lrx
Yellrx Radio
Contributing

« Reply #202 on: August 24, 2014, 01:14:11 PM »

This moment came too soon and I hope you have thoughts of peace within yourself and that you have made peace with God.
Take dear Frank.
Fred KC4MOP

I've spent hours on the phone with Frank talking about God and I am at peace knowing he is a believer . I pray for the the survivors that he leaves behind and that someday I'll see him again.
That was very good of you, Randy to do that. It probably took a lot of courage. There is so much Anti-God lately. Then you and Frank and me, for sure, will meet again.
Fred

Thanks, but I can't take all the credit, Frank was already a believer so that made it easy, we just found out we had even more in common. We spent more than one occasion talking about prophecy and how the times of today seem so much like warning signs.

I'll probably never know what Carol is going through to be on the edge of losing her spouse and best friend.

I went to Church today and they prayed for Frank and Carol, and for strength for both of them.  Whatever God's will is, we have to accept it even if we don't understand it. He has a plan, and with faith in God, and His promise, we will surely see Frank again, if not in this world then in the perfect world.

I dunno what else to say, if I get too religious I'll probably get kicked off.

Randy, N3LRX (Yellrx)
N3GTE

« Reply #203 on: August 24, 2014, 03:11:32 PM »

Tnx for posting Randy.
I too have been praying for the two of them. My friend Joe (IBX) has been keeping me updated.
Godspeed
Terry N3GTE
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2014, 03:54:50 PM »

Is Frank home from the hospital yet?

Joe, GMS

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
KA8WTK
Contributing

« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2014, 05:34:23 PM »

God bless Frank and Carol.

Bill KA8WTK
ka4koe
Contributing

It's alive. IT'S ALIVE!!!

« Reply #206 on: August 25, 2014, 08:03:21 AM »

God bless them both.

I'm outta control, plain and simple. Now I have a broadcast transmitter.
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #207 on: August 25, 2014, 09:54:41 AM »

Frank's wife Carol called me on the phone this morning.  Not a lot of new information other than Frank is still in the hospital but wants to come home.  At this point they are just keeping the pain under control and he will have no more treatments for his cancer.  The hospital is not in favor of sending him home but I have a feeling that Frank and Carol will win that argument! 

His pain is being managed much better now and as Carol put it, he seems like  Frank now.  He is no longer on Morphine but some other pain control. 

Hospice will  be brought in but not at that point as of yet. 

More later as I hear any updates from Carol.

Joe, W3GMS     

n3lrx
Yellrx Radio
Contributing

« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2014, 11:23:56 AM »

Thanks for the update Joe

Randy, N3LRX (Yellrx)
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #209 on: August 25, 2014, 11:32:34 AM »

Your welcome and I wish it was better news.

Joe

W2ZE
« Reply #210 on: August 25, 2014, 01:46:11 PM »

I too wish it was better news.
W2JRO

« Reply #211 on: August 25, 2014, 02:07:12 PM »

I hope Frank and Carol get their wish for Frank to come home..
I'm betting it will happen when Hospice is called in...I had several relatives in similar situations and every one of them got the "go home" wish. God Bless them both
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #212 on: August 25, 2014, 09:06:51 PM »

Let's hope hospice doesn't start their drug injections to hurry the final process. They basically assist a person to the next world. When the senior care facility wanted to put my mom on Hospice we demanded that they not start the morphine trip. They, "hospice" , said we never do anything like that. Mom stuck around another 3 mos and then her body gave up. I'll remember those two hours by her bed for the rest of my life. I was the first to come into this world from her and I was the last to see her leave this world.
It's getting depressing to hear of people younger than me cashing in their chips. Sorry for my reply.
Fred

Fred KC4MOP
KE5YTV
Contributing

« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2014, 09:38:27 PM »

Fred,

I lost both of my parents to cancer here at home. Hospice never did anything like that. They are great people who have a real calling. They were a great help and comfort to my parents and to me.

I hope for God's love and grace for both Frank and Carol.

Mike

Mike
KE5YTV  Dallas, TX
"The longest trip begins with a stop at the ATM."
KA0HCP
Contributing

« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2014, 02:50:11 AM »

The hospice workers were a Godsend for my mother and our family over the last few months of her life.   No reason for them to 'hurry patients along" since it is a loss of customers!  Bless them all.

New callsign KA0HCP, ex-KB4QAA.  Relocated to Kansas in April 2019.
W2JRO

« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2014, 07:10:31 AM »

I think there are greatly varied situations of what Hospice does when it is called in.

It some cases, it may be perceived as negative as described above.
But in a case like Franks, where I am sure he is in excruciating pain most of the time, Hospice can provide the peace and comfort to allow the loved ones of the person to have some quality time as the end draws near
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #216 on: September 03, 2014, 09:54:42 PM »

Hi Frank /Bacon, still saying a daily prayer for you, and hoping you can go home.

PJ

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #217 on: September 04, 2014, 09:06:06 AM »

I will call down at his home today and see if I can get an updated status. 

Joe, GMS

SM6OID

« Reply #218 on: September 04, 2014, 09:29:35 AM »

Joe, GMS

Let him know that we are all keeping our fingers crossed etc...

/Morgan

RADIO: 51J-4, R-390A, SP-600 JX-21, BRT-400, Set No 19, T-47/ART-13, RF-590, SRT CR91, BC-312D, BC-348Q, HF-8020/8030/8010A/8090,  and much more...

ENGINE: Zvezda M50 F6L (V12), Rolls-Royce Meteor mk4B/2 (V12), Rolls-Royce B80 (inline 8 ) and much more
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #219 on: September 04, 2014, 09:31:44 AM »

Joe, GMS

Let him know that we are all keeping our fingers crossed etc...

/Morgan

Will certainly do that Morgan.

Joe, W3GMS

n3lrx
Yellrx Radio
Contributing

« Reply #220 on: September 04, 2014, 06:19:16 PM »

I spoke with Frank earlier this week. He is home, but feeling very drained. He said he has no energy at all. He said he deeply appreciates all the thoughts and prayers.

Randy, N3LRX (Yellrx)
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #221 on: September 07, 2014, 11:19:52 AM »

Once again, thank you all for all of the support and kindness.

Well, the cancer has now moved into my back, and I am pretty much crippled. I am living on heavy narcotic pain killers and the pain is at a tollerable level. The fatigue is soooo bad that it getting difficult to function, and I have absolutely no strength or energy at all. I am still trying  keep up the fight, but it,s difficult. I'm still giving it my best shot. My faith has been what has got e through  so far. This last 9-day in the hospital has pretty much knocked the wind out my sails and left me to the point of being helpless. If it  wasn't for my wife I don't know what I would do!  Also the totally unselfish help and support from all of my close friends! ! !  

I am now totally convinced that I was a science project that went terribly wrong, but it is way too late to change anything now. The #3 rated hospital in the world has done everything wrong in my treatment, but it's too late now to to do anything now.

I am now on Home Hospice care and it now looks like I have only a couple of months left. I hope to make the best of what I have left. At least I'm home in my own house.

I will try to keep posting until as close to the end as possible.  

Thank you all for all of your kind wishes and support.

Frank

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #222 on: September 07, 2014, 11:36:53 AM »

Sorry things landed up this way Frank. You are one tough ### and an example of doing things your way.

Great you made it home.

Hopefully there are enough hands to give Carol somewhat of a break once in a while.

Just went through this with my dad in April and the hospice people were a godsend.

Nice seeing people brought together here with support and a mention or two of faith.
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #223 on: September 07, 2014, 12:05:56 PM »

Frank,
So glad you are home with Carrol, and angel that she is, sounds like you are well cared for.

You got a lot of friends on the side with you during this journey. Hope you can feel that care and that it provides you with some comfort.

Carl
/KPD

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
KA2DZT

« Reply #224 on: September 07, 2014, 12:25:48 PM »

Frank,  it's good to hear from you directly,  I check this thread a few times a day for updates.   

Sorry for the hand that was dealt to you.  While most of us here can fix and get back up and running almost anything, I feel helpless when something like this comes along.

God Bless you and Carol,  we are all praying for you.

Fred
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015