The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:21:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AM'er Liz, K4GHT, on the Mend from Sara  (Read 5059 times)
ka4koe
Contributing

It's alive. IT'S ALIVE!!!

« on: June 11, 2013, 12:33:08 PM »

I HAVE SOME GREAT NEWS! Liz’s blood cell counts are coming up! She feels great and Dr. Guthrie just happened to use the “R” word…..remission! That has us very optimistic and in good spirits. The doctor said that things are looking good; and that by Friday the 14th/June they will do another Bone Marrow Biopsy. Then I guess if everything checks out still in the positive direction at that point, she can come home for a week. What a wonderful break that will be! So, I am going to be sanitizing everything this week and am going to try to get our pool patio pressure washed. Can’t be around algae, mold or mildew. *** Oh, earlier I had mentioned a shot called Neupogen that is given after chemo to some patients to stimulate the bone marrow to produce neutrophils – infection fighting cells. The fact that Liz’s “cancer” is in the bone marrow, the neupogen would stimulate growth not only of the good white blood cells but also the bad ones…the blasts. So the cell count levels have to come up on their own. “ Leukemia (American English) or leukaemia (British English) is a type of cancer of the blood or bone marrow characterized by an abnormal increase of immature white blood cells called "blasts". “ She will still have the 2nd and possibly 3rd phases to go through called Consolidations.

Once again, I thank each and every one of you for your prayers. We are keeping all of you in our prayers. My love to you all.
We are very faithful and very uplifted.

Sara

I'm outta control, plain and simple. Now I have a broadcast transmitter.
ka4koe
Contributing

It's alive. IT'S ALIVE!!!

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 01:28:50 PM »

Liz K4GHT was on 7290 AM last night. She sounded weak, but stated she had even been back to work for part of the day. I told her to not push herself. She goes back in the hospital for round two of her chemo.

Philip

I'm outta control, plain and simple. Now I have a broadcast transmitter.
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 04:55:30 PM »

Sara, Phillip,  Thanks for the update. Although I never worked Liz/K4GHT, I wish here the best and hope to work her someday. It's good to know that she has friends supporting her during her trying time. 

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 12:48:57 PM »

Same here.  Do not know Liz but naturally wish her all the best with her recovery. 

I am assuming that she operates AM and if that is the case her recovery will go well  Wink.

Joe, W3GMS 

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 11:01:26 PM »

I've talked to Liz a few times o 10, 15 and 20 meters. She is also a regular on the 3675 kHz Florida AM group.I hope she is doing well.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 11:11:09 PM »

It's always wonderful to hear of remission - makes me happier.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 07:51:34 PM »

I wish Liz the best.  I have heard her QSOs for a number of years on 75 meters on my master bedroom Sony 2010 portable radio here in eastern Pennsylvania, early mornings and/or late evenings.

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
Jeff W9GY

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 02:46:06 PM »

I've worked (and heard) Liz from her summer QTH in Owosso, Mi.  Sure happy to hear of good fortune.  (I'm speaking from experience - my XYL is a 7 year stage 4 cancer survivor!)

Jeff  W9GY Calumet, Michigan
(Copper Country)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015