The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:28:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The original T2FD design  (Read 25809 times)
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2013, 07:22:23 PM »

Yep, when you have zero facts you blow smoke, mock, tell tall tales and fondly reminisce with anecdotal fluff. It's all nonsense. Plenty of DX had been worked and pileups busted by guys in the mobile using a whip. I await more tales of busting pileups with the T2FD.

Come back when you have more than bluster, bluff and BS. The rest of us will remain in the real world.
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2013, 07:30:59 PM »

I worked Europe on 160 ssb using a 124' center fed doublet at 33 feet above ground. If you wait long enough all types of DX can be worked with garbage for antenna.

K4HX using a modeling program would be about as accurate as it gets.
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2013, 07:41:54 PM »

I never said that modeling is the end all be all. It's not. But anyone with a brain in their head knows placing a wire closer to the ground increases ground loss. No modeling is needed for this simple fact.

In this case, I see nothing to indicate why the modeling would be in error or radically different from the real world. The T2FD is a very simple antenna. There is no magic to how it works. It's nothing but two wires and a resistor, easily modeled by any program designed to model wires. If Carl has some real data showing that NEC4 has flaws, I'm sure the world would love to be informed.

Quite frankly, I'd be happy to see the modeling shown to be wrong. Then we could all get rid of tuners and open-wire line and just have one coax-fed antenna for all bands and bust pileups with ease. Those guys who spent tons of money on tall towers and beams will feel foolish. I want a pony too.
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2013, 08:20:12 PM »

I want a pony too.

Stick with the brown ponies. They are easier to keep clean looking.
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2013, 08:34:17 PM »

Or a Unicorn that shoots Skittles out of its horn.
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2013, 11:46:40 AM »

It is a shame when a moderator and his tag along comic relief hijacks a thread and lays on insults that would get anyone else kicked off.

I started this thread as a serious discussion in hopes of better understanding the T2FD and why the original testing reports differ so much from later ones.
If you actually wanted to help perhaps using your software knowledge to optimize the design would have been appreciated.

Rather you do a basic one pass job and call it quits and try to stifle any further discussion.

Im not impressed.

Carl
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2013, 02:03:12 PM »

Or a Unicorn that shoots Skittles out of its horn.

A customer wanted one of those rebuilt with tubes from China. I get those through here all the time.
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2013, 07:23:00 PM »

Carl serious comments were provided and you chose not to respond in kind.

It's clear you are just trolling. You've been pushing the T2FD on various forums on the Web for at least the past two years. You've alternately claimed to be building one or building one for a friend. Since you've never actually built one in two years, I have to assume you are just trolling.

I'll get serious when you get serious. Otherwise, take the troll action elsewhere.
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 10:27:36 AM »

Youre so full of it Steve with unfounded statements that the smell reaches even up here. Your interested only in harassing and controlling.

Just quit bothering me and let those with an interest in the antenna discuss it; go annoy someone else and take your boy with you.

KA0HCP
Contributing

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 11:33:15 AM »

Carl
thanks for the articles.  It's always good to return to the original source in understanding what we use now.   I recall, as a kid, seeing a few of these around the operations buildings on naval air stations in the late 60's and early 70's fed with ladder line.  So, the design looked familiar to me years later when I came across them as a ham.

bill

New callsign KA0HCP, ex-KB4QAA.  Relocated to Kansas in April 2019.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015