The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:34:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7.290 observations with daylight savings  (Read 14335 times)
WS4B
« on: March 19, 2013, 08:08:04 PM »

Just as an FYI to anyone that is interested, due to us "springing ahead" condx on 7290 are pretty good (for now) until 7:55 PM eastern when The Voice of Russia takes over. I have been on that frequency for about an hour prior to that time frequently since the time change, and working stations within a 1,000 mile radius including some short contacts around 100 miles.

**Please note that The Voice of Russia transmits a one minute test carrier around 7:45 PM eastern. This is just a carrier, and does not follow through with the beginning of their evening broadcast. It will go away after about one minute, but gives you a warning that you only have about 10 minutes left before they completely take over.**

I hope to work many of you on 7290 at this time while these present conditions exist.
WA3VJB
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 07:13:24 AM »

Hi Brad, this is good to know. 
I'll try to power up Wednesday night to look for you.

Maryland to Florida?

I've talked with Warren a few times  W1GUD there at Tampa on his Beastie 610 so we should have a path.
WS4B
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 08:18:48 AM »

Hey Paul...

We should have a very good path as a few evenings ago I worked N8YHP who was S-9+ out of WV. I won't be on the air this evening, as I have to take my son to soccer practice and we always go out for pizza afterwards.  Smiley

Tomorrow evening or the rest of the week is great!!
WA3VJB
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 04:55:26 PM »

That's okay Brad -- it's real important to maintain quality time with family as you're doing with your son.

They grow up and leave us way too soon.

I may fire up anyway just to check condx.  The lightning map shows some action across northern Florida right now but maybe elsewhere I can toss a signal.
VE3LYX

Crystals are from the stone age

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 10:46:51 PM »

Conditions are pretty good 1930 to 2100 hrs. Can hear Bruce K8EDE/ VE1 quite good here. About midrange on the S meter. I didnt have enuf power for a qso but he could hear and see my carrier (DX60 here) Closer in Nick in Fitzroy H was doing a great job. Very strong. Also Steve in Mass was a decent signal and easy to copy. Said he could read me as well. I am listening on a beverage which is a huge advantage. More then I would ever have thought as there is no noise. Transmitting on a 1/2 wave for 80M longwire end fed.  Right at 2100 hrs Broadcaster came on and put an end to it all. Pretty decent signals though this part of the evening. Gong to at least read the mail when I am in the shack and if good conditions prevail will jump in as well.
Don VE3LYX

Don VE3LYX<br />Eng, DE & petite Francais
kb3rdt

poop cup

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 03:43:06 AM »

The band was good till 12 midnight eastern time!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015