The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:59:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K7DYY Super Senior  (Read 2753 times)
W6DRZ

« on: March 05, 2013, 06:31:53 PM »

Today, I set up a new Yahoo Group called "IndexLabsAMXmtrs" so that owners and interested parties could share information and experiences regarding the Super Senior transmitter by K7DYY.  You are cordially invited to participate.  Just go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IndexLabsAMXmtrs/?yguid=251795605 to browse the measage archive and sign up.

I did contact Bruce, K7DYY, and he encouraged me to set up this group and will participate as his time allows. However, it is primarily meant to be a user-to-user discussion group.

Craig McCartney
Palomar Park Radio, W6DRZ
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 07:21:13 PM »

Just a quick thought...is the senior audio input the same as the other K7DYY TX??
I have the Class D 80M 130W TX and I had to add a Bogen WMT-1 transformer to get the impedance right. EQ all over the place for a good sound. After I installed the WMT-1 transformer, I had more audio available and the EQ was taken out of the chain. The Symetrix processor with EQ out was all that was needed for nice full audio response using a Marshall condenser mic. The Symetrix provided the phantom power.
I might sign up in the Yahoo group. I would love a senior TX..but that is the last thing I need...maybe a hole in the head!!!!
Fred

Fred KC4MOP
K6IC
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 04:31:18 PM »

Craig,  Great idea to set up the Yahoo Group for the SS.  Thanks!

Fred,  I do not know about the other DYY Class D Transmitters,  but the SS is said to have a 600 Ohm Audio input Z,  at  0 dbm.

Here is a terse write-up on using the Super Senior:
http://k7dyy.com/usingsupersenior.htm

FWIW,  Thanks,    Vic
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015