The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:09:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone else having problems with the AMTRLog program?  (Read 4570 times)
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« on: February 15, 2013, 05:40:38 PM »

I still had this program on my computer from last year.  It worked great then.  I just tried to bring the program up and it will not work.  It keeps cycling through the set-up page but won't start-up after I load the set-up info.  I tried downloading the program again and it will not work.  I also tried it on my laptop and same problem.  WATSUP???

73,  Jack, W9GT

If all else fails there is always N1MM Logger.

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 05:57:26 PM »

I still had this program on my computer from last year.  It worked great then.  I just tried to bring the program up and it will not work.  It keeps cycling through the set-up page but won't start-up after I load the set-up info.  I tried downloading the program again and it will not work.  I also tried it on my laptop and same problem.  WATSUP???

73,  Jack, W9GT

If all else fails there is always N1MM Logger.

Hi Jack,

I cannot reproduce the problem here, and no one else has reported it as of yet.  There have been a *LOT* of downloads of the program.

So, I need more information about exactly what is happening; error messages; behaviors, etc.

What do you mean by "Won't start up", and "keeps cycling through the set-up info"?

Thanks and Regards,

Steve

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 06:22:29 PM »

I just downloaded it, filled in ALL the data fields on the "setup" screen, and it works fine.

steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 10:25:04 PM »

I just downloaded it, filled in ALL the data fields on the "setup" screen, and it works fine.

Yes, you do have to fill in ALL of the fields, else the program will put up an error box, and bring you back to the setup screen.

There are only about 6 things to fill in - your call, the call you're using, equipment type, category, power level and I think one other.  Not too much, really  Smiley

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
W9GT

Nipper - Manager of K9 Affairs

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 09:58:41 AM »

Thanks,  I must have some computer problems.  I have to reload the program every time I shut down, but my log is saved OK. The desktop icon doesn't stay either.  I want to spend time on the air this weekend, not chasing computer issues...so it is OK for now.

73,  Jack, W9GT

Tubes and Black Wrinkle Rule!!
73, Jack, W9GT
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 11:15:49 AM »

It sounds as if something is set up to "restore" the desktop to a previous state each time you log off or shut down.

I'm surprised the log files survive that process, but apparently they do.  Maybe because the file is text..?

Regards,

Steve

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015