The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:57:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for Simple Medium Power AM Rig  (Read 35195 times)
VE3LYX

Crystals are from the stone age

« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2013, 10:56:51 AM »

Conditions here were impossible. I could just hear Tim as a whisper and while I could hear you it was barely readable. Unusual for here as normally I hear you both well. Dont have a lot of time Sunday mornings anyway so when it was so tuff I pulled the switch. So you were in Belleville and Trenton last week. A email warning would at the very least get you a Timmy Hos. If you are ever sent accross the bay to beautiful Downtown Ameliasburgh stop by 310 Cty Rd 19.
Don VE3LYX
Working further on the 10M rig today. Decided to forget the insulated phone jack and put the phones in for the Audio Amp cathode resistance. Phones dont care where they go as long as they can feel the load variations. Also experimenting with different mic inputs.  (Impedances) I think the silly little thing may actually work ok .
Don

Don VE3LYX<br />Eng, DE & petite Francais
VE3AJM

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2013, 01:18:50 PM »

It was snowing on and off here on Sun. morning, and very windy but I didn't have any trouble copying here. I was to be in Havelock and Madoc today, but things were changed. Next time I'm out that way, I may look you up Don.

I just had a look at where you're located, so now I know. There used to be another Am'er from down that way..I know this name was Gordon and he was in Carrying Place. He was a regular on 40m AM in the 90s.
I think his call was VE3ASD. I think hes SK now though.

Al VE3AJM
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015