The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:55:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K6GLH 40s, 50s, 60s  (Read 3943 times)
K6JEK
Contributing

RF in the shack

« on: August 27, 2012, 12:57:11 AM »

But wait. There's more ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wkifLn6-JxY
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 02:58:42 AM »

Someone should tell him a Johnson Thunderbolt is a linear amplifier and not a transmitter.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 01:09:43 PM »

Thanks Jon,

Another great video showing some nice stations.  I understand part 4 may be in the works! 

Note sure if Gary lives in that house or has a second house separate from his radio quarters to live in.  Regardless, wonderful setup with lots of attention to details.

Joe, W3GMS     

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
K6JEK
Contributing

RF in the shack

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 02:01:48 PM »

Thanks Jon,

Another great video showing some nice stations.  I understand part 4 may be in the works!  

Note sure if Gary lives in that house or has a second house separate from his radio quarters to live in.  Regardless, wonderful setup with lots of attention to details.

Joe, W3GMS    
He lives there. I don't know but I'm guessing part 4 is heavy metal. He has a few big transmitters. He operates most of that stuff too.
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 02:39:19 PM »

Its obviously he is an extremely knowledgeable guy.  Its nice when someone roles up his sleeves and restores the vintage gear he puts on the air.  In addition, he has gone the extra distance to display it well into fully functional stations.  It takes a lot of work and dedication to take it to that level.

I understand Gary has authored several articles in ER and I will have to go back and look at them. 

Joe, W3GMS 

K6JEK
Contributing

RF in the shack

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 03:07:43 PM »

Its obviously he is an extremely knowledgeable guy.  Its nice when someone roles up his sleeves and restores the vintage gear he puts on the air.  In addition, he has gone the extra distance to display it well into fully functional stations.  It takes a lot of work and dedication to take it to that level.

I understand Gary has authored several articles in ER and I will have to go back and look at them.  

Joe, W3GMS  
Gary has also provided several ER cover photos. That's yours truly on 213. I'm the guy holding the K7DYY jr and the pencil. I think 244 is his best.

http://www.volcano.net/~k6glh/html/er_cover_gallery.html
K6IC
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 05:13:06 PM »

Gary is a very generous guy.  He has provided many photos for ER covers.  To me,  he is a very self-effacing person.  Enjoy his sense of humor and irony.

Great series of Tours,  very nice work, indeed.  Wish he would get on AM more often.

Thanks for posting Jon.   DE  Vic
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 08:50:40 PM »

Its obviously he is an extremely knowledgeable guy.  Its nice when someone roles up his sleeves and restores the vintage gear he puts on the air.  In addition, he has gone the extra distance to display it well into fully functional stations.  It takes a lot of work and dedication to take it to that level.

Joe, W3GMS  
Gary has also provided several ER cover photos. That's yours truly on 213. I'm the guy holding the K7DYY jr and the pencil. I think 244 is his best.

http://www.volcano.net/~k6glh/html/er_cover_gallery.html

Jon,

Very good on ER #213!  That is a great cover showing the span in technology with the rack mount rig in the background.  The West Coast is certainly well represented with some fine AM'ers and gear.  Maybe we need to get some more activity back on 14.286 for coast to coast AM QSO's.   

Joe, W3GMS

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015