A few short stories dad asked me to post for him

<< < (2/3) > >>

W3GMS:
Rick,

I am glad you posted those great stories of your Dad.  As we discussed, I lost my Dad a little over 4 years ago.  He was not a Ham but if he was I am sure I would have my list of technical stories as well.  I do have a lot of other stories about him though. 

I will never forget the time back when I was 14 and it was my day to mow the acre of grass with a small non self propelled 18" push mower.  I was working on getting a new transmitter working and I did not want to mow the grass that day since I was dealing with a deep technical problem.  I was so upset that I had to mow that I purposely ran the mower over a pipe that was sticking out of the ground!  Well that sure killed the lawn mower and it was not worth the price I paid for that act!!

Joe, W3GMS     

Opcom:
Those are great stories, exactly the type that should be preserved. When my paternal Grandmother was in the nursing home I would visit, and ask her to tell me stories of when she was young, about my grandfather (died at 42), and about when when my dad was a boy. Though very demented, she still remembered the old stories. I'm not saying your dad was suffering dementia, just speaking of Grandma. Anyway, she really was happy while telling the old stories, even if it was hard for me to keep her on track and she'd forget she'd told me them after a few minutes. They were not ham radio tales but they were a picture into another time.

K1JJ:
Bump....

Great stories, Rick!

I missed it the first time in 2012.   Maybe some others did too.

Later -

T

Carl WA1KPD:
Missed em too. Thanks for reposting thge thread!
Carl.
WA1KPD

W7TFO:
As always, Rick is the reigning "Bard of Radio".

73DG

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands