The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:28:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tube socket adapters  (Read 2791 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« on: June 03, 2012, 02:37:50 PM »

What do yall think of this from a technical standpoint? For me, tubes are not yet so rare that I would have to change size or socket, but when a mod is done it could save having to punch a hole larger or other ugly work.

These things are from vicaudio.com - adapters to convert 6L6 to 807, 12AX7 to octal, and the other way around, and the like. I'm not sure what is inside, but it is interesting and possibly a source of little plugs and sockets that cab be made into "test sockets" for troubleshooting, besides the intended use. Inside is probably just wires, I didn't ask yet.
They say "We can make all types according to your need"  The only drawback is it is an import, cost about $15 each, and there is a $100 minimum.

* 6V6toEL84.jpg (6.43 KB, 251x179 - viewed 597 times.)

* 5678to6SN7.jpg (7.7 KB, 249x192 - viewed 587 times.)

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
ke7trp
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 03:18:05 PM »

There is a line of adapters like that at tubesandmore.com  The main reason for them is to be able to convert to a lower wattage tube to play your guitar amplier into distortion with out blasting family and neighbors out. 

C
K3ZS

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 10:45:33 AM »

Along the line of this topic, a few years ago I bought a Hickok tube tester, it was a newer model that tested transistors and compactrons.  It did not test older tubes except for octals.   I bought a set of 4 socket adapters from a fellow who was retired from Hickok.    They all plugged into the octal socket and included the settings for the tube tester for almost all old tubes, except for '01 types.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015