The AM Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:24:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Synchronous AM detection all hype?  (Read 27978 times)
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2012, 10:27:28 AM »

BAMA has DJVU available at the bottom of the first page.

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2012, 11:33:43 AM »

I searched the web and found the DjVu download from the same source that the link is supposed to lead to.  I just couldn't find a link anywhere on that web page.

I installed the DjVu reader, then I downloaded the article.  I couldn't see that the quality or resolution of the DjVu were any better than that of the PDF. I am curious what is inside the big black rectangular box in the middle of the block diagram. It apparently didn't scan well at the outset.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2012, 12:57:02 PM »

Your supposed to click on the graphic.......
Works every time which takes you to this:
http://windjview.sourceforge.net/
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2012, 01:35:42 PM »

I searched the web and found the DjVu download from the same source that the link is supposed to lead to.  I just couldn't find a link anywhere on that web page.

I installed the DjVu reader, then I downloaded the article.  I couldn't see that the quality or resolution of the DjVu were any better than that of the PDF. I am curious what is inside the big black rectangular box in the middle of the block diagram. It apparently didn't scan well at the outset.

I created the PDF of the article(my previous post) directly from the DiVu file. So whatever quality the DiVu file has, that is what you are going to see in the PDF file.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
WQ9E

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2012, 02:11:25 PM »

I just scanned the article from my copy of PE and this should be easier to read.  But make sure to note the corrections from July 82 listed on the original scan.

* PE Sync.pdf (2116.15 KB - downloaded 368 times.)

Rodger WQ9E
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2012, 09:33:25 PM »

Rodger's scan is much better than the original DjVu version.

But make sure to note the corrections from July 82 listed on the original scan.

By "corrections" do you mean the page following the original article showing the  capacitive voltage divider for picking up the sample off the last i.f. stage?

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
KC2TAU

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2012, 12:22:58 AM »

From what I can tell so far is that the main benefit of the .djvu file format is the much reduced file size over the same content rendered in a PDF file.
WQ9E

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2012, 09:44:11 AM »

By "corrections" do you mean the page following the original article showing the  capacitive voltage divider for picking up the sample off the last i.f. stage?

Don,

In the July 82 issue there is a short note correcting the Figure 4 schematic in the original article.  Pin 3 of IC8 should be connected to Pin 11 of IC2 and not Pin 10 as indicated on the original schematic.

In my notes from the internet I also have a line that states the Envelope Detector position of switch S1B should be at ground instead of having no connection as shown in the schematic.  

Rodger WQ9E
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2012, 09:53:38 AM »

Thanks Rodger

Carl
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015