The AM Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:52:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sold! - 10% to amfone.net dual 4CX250B HB linear  (Read 4495 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« on: April 25, 2012, 09:25:31 PM »

Ok so here's an amp available from an estate.
Dennis W5FRS checked it and told me it makes between 500 and 600 Watts.

It is AB1 grid driven with swamping resistors making a 50 Ohm load for the exciter.

The meters are military quality with MFP coatings (visible in pics.) don't be put off as the camera flash always exaggerates MFP coatings appearance.

Metering is Plate mA, multimeter (G1, G2, B+, RF out), and Screen mA.

Two obviously good 4CX250B's and these have the very nice Johnson ceramic chimneys.

There's room too in case one wants to add or convert to other bands.
The 4CX250B tubes are good with full ratings to 500MHz.

The large fan is mounted in the bottom panel and takes air from a screened intake below the cabinet and pressurizes the chassis. Dennis said it is enough but if I were going to keep it being a fanatic I would exchange for a small blower.

The power supply (included but not shown) has a plate transformer easily able to make a KW DC power all day long. It has a separate power transformer for the screen and bias supplies. It also has a 6080-regulated screen voltage supply and a bias supply and control circuits. It is solid state except the 6080, VR tube, and a 6AU6(?) for the regulation. There is an umbilical cable so the PS can go under the desk or wherever.

A folder of information and schematic of the amp comes with full of notes and instructions from the builder. There is no schematic for the power supply with the folder. The power cord and HV cable are also included.

The power supply is about a 17x19 chassis so could be racked up.
The amp itself is 17Wx12.5Dx9.5H so could be racked up. They are noit rackmount, but will fit .

That's all I know, please see the pictures. It would make a nice linear amp for someone. A cheap and easy +6dB for anyone with a 100W plastic transceiver.

$275 or best offer. (Plus shipping by ground/home service from 75006 to USA address.) Will go in two boxes, one for the power supply and one for the amp, properly packed. This is big stuff and and the power supply is heavy. Pickups welcome.

* 1.jpg (466.41 KB, 1796x712 - viewed 922 times.)

* 2.JPG (835.11 KB, 1500x1866 - viewed 904 times.)

* 3.JPG (232.76 KB, 1500x620 - viewed 785 times.)

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015