The AM Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:05:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cities Go Nuts Over Sat. Dishes--Pass Ordinances--Ominous news  (Read 13897 times)
KZ5A

Vikings Rule!

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2012, 10:10:00 PM »

Just serves to re-confirm my belief that cities are not a fit place for humans to live.

City politicians are the lowest dregs of human society.   The ones that start this sort of non-sense usually have a plan to profit from it.

73 Jack KZ5A

73 Jack KZ5A
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2012, 11:25:06 PM »

Just serves to re-confirm my belief that cities are not a fit place for humans to live.

City politicians are the lowest dregs of human society.   The ones that start this sort of non-sense usually have a plan to profit from it.

73 Jack KZ5A

awww come on, you don't mean to imply that half of them are greedy, piggy-eyed little men who sit behind costly wood desks and grab at other people's bags of money all day, and the other half are hateful and violent criminals with dirty businesses and shady relatives on the city payrolls, and that most of these officials like to get their minions, er.. constituents, stirred up to make trouble whenever something honest is about to happen..

I live in Dallas and I can assure you there is abosolutely nothing like that ever going on here!

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
KA3EKH

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2012, 09:35:14 AM »

City politicians may be a low forum of life but in the towns around the eastern shore of Maryland and Delaware we have politicians that are not only the dregs of society but are also bought cheap. Comcast is the largest provider of cable service on the peninsula and they have a special government relations person, an ex city manager whose function it is to go around and buy dinners and pay for rounds of golf for the local politicians and for that small amount of money Comcast owns them. Have to wonder if Comcast is involved with the plan to improve the community by removing unsightly dishes and have everyone buying their services again. Don’t get me wrong, I thought of investing in Comcast before because don’t think I have ever known of any company that was as good at dealing with local politicians and always getting the best deal for Comcast, would just hope that in the larger towns and cities that there politicians put the screws to them and at least get real bribes of cash money instead of being bought for the cost of a couple rounds of golf.
The Slab Bacon

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2012, 10:46:07 AM »

Good food, Beverages, hookers, and rounds of golf paid for by others can't be traced back to them. Money usually leaves some kind of trail that can eventually be found and traced. Especially in this era of "electronic money"................

"No is not an answer and failure is not an option!"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015