The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:58:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transmitter Tube Care circa 1936  (Read 3270 times)
WQ9E

« on: March 10, 2012, 10:17:01 PM »

I picked up several boxes of old magazines at a hamfest last year and one contained most of the issues of Radio from 1936 through early 1942.  I will scan and share some of the more interesting articles as I work my way through the collection.  This first is a treatise on proper treatment of power tubes.

* Notes on Care of Transmitting Tubes.pdf (871.93 KB - downloaded 434 times.)

Rodger WQ9E
ke7trp
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 10:59:45 PM »

Neat article rodger.  Can you scan the multiband antenna article?  I read the section but would like to read the previous pages.

C
KE6DF

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 11:52:34 PM »

I thought the part about dealing with Chinese knockoff copy tubes was interesting.

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

WQ9E

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 10:38:06 AM »

Neat article rodger.  Can you scan the multiband antenna article?  I read the section but would like to read the previous pages.

C

Clark,

I will scan that and get it to you later this week. 

Rodger WQ9E
WD5JKO

WD5JKO

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 11:18:18 AM »

I find it refreshing that we are posting this stuff. Just a few years ago this forum was super conservative in regard to Copyrights,  even though most Copyrighted material expired into public domain after 28 years. In fact there was an issue in 2009 with posting a 1933 issue of R/9. Keep it coming Roger!
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 01:12:29 PM »

That is a good bit of info Roger, thanks.

Ive had a hard time finding Radio and never in full year sets.
WQ9E

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 02:58:22 PM »

I will be posting more scans soon.  I have been going through these early issues hoping that I will run across some info about a Sargent 21-MA receiver that I will soon be tackling.  So far all I have found out about the receiver is what is in Moore's book and a single advertisement in QST.  The Radiomuseum.org site duplicates the info from Moore but adds nothing new.  If nothing else the search is turning up other interesting material. 

Later tonight I will scan a couple of articles on "Cascade modulation" which modulates both the driver and finals in an attempt to provide cleaner modulation and a couple of articles on efficiency modulation and a high efficiency amplifier.

I forgot that Scratchi showed up in Radio long before CQ came on the scene.  He doesn't score highly on political correctness but does provide a humorous way to turn 25 cents worth of wire into 50 cents worth by attaching the wire to a fire hydrant, knocking a hole in the sidewalk, and inserting a "pulling stick" in the hole to stretch the 25 cents worth of copper into a 50 cent length Smiley  Sage advice now that copper prices have gone up.

Rodger WQ9E
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015