The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:58:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NOS Never Used LaPointe Roller Inductor: Sold!! Thanks, AM Fone!!  (Read 3448 times)
W2XR
Contributing

« on: February 25, 2012, 06:15:21 PM »

As many of you can probably tell, I have been busy cleaning out the shack.

I have a new-old-stock/never used LaPointe model 406-30 Roller Inductor. It is now surplus to my needs, and as such, is being offered here for sale.

I do not have the electrical specs for this unit, but I believe the maximum inductance is around 30 uH. It consists of 37 turns wound on a 5-1/2 inch long x 2.10-inch wide ceramic coil form. The last 6 turns are spaced or tapered wider as is commonly seen in these these type of roller inductor units.  The overall length of this unit, including the mounting hardware and 1/4-inch OD shafts located at both ends of the unit is about 7-3/4 inches, and the overall width including the mounting brackets is about 2-1/2 inches. The coil has some minor tarnish on it from age, and this is easily cleaned.

This is a very high quality roller inductor, on par with the somewhat more popular E.F. Johnson units, with typical LaPointe quality; it is a very well built and rugged unit. Use it for your own homebrew final amplifier or antenna tuner project.

The price is $60.00, plus the cost of shipping to your QTH.

You may contact me at triodes@optonline.net

Thanks & 73,

Bruce

Real transmitters are homebrewed with a ratchet wrench, and you have to stand up to tune them!

Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015