The AM Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:18:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7120 this afternoon.  (Read 5730 times)
VE3LYX

Crystals are from the stone age

« on: January 22, 2012, 08:39:23 AM »

I did some mods and subbed some tubes in my homebrew AM transceiver. I am going to try 7120 this afternoon. I have just under 5 watts output but modulation is better, on the meter anyway. Hope the usual gang is there. Turn up the rf (and af)gain. I will just be a squeak.
Don VE3LYX

Don VE3LYX<br />Eng, DE & petite Francais
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 02:26:09 PM »

Unfortunately, due to outdated FCC regulations, US hams cannot legally operate phone below 7125, even though there is very little CW/data usage from about 7060 upwards.  Maybe if you guys up in Canada would get some regular phone activity going there, that might instigate some US hams to support a petition to extend the phone band at least down to 7100.  I have brought up the idea on several on-line forums (including this one) but there doesn't seem to be much interest.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
VE3LYX

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 05:06:24 PM »

There has been a sunday aft Ontario ham deal there for a couple of months (VE6PG Tim and the group)but nothing but tune ups today. So anything above 7125 is ok for everyone? I was ready today as I have my rig back at it but nobody was there today. They were last week though.
Real nice would be for an AM only from 7125 down to 7100 for us North American Hams.
Anyway I am back at it and up for a sked with anyone with good ears anywhere on 40M.
Don VE3LYX

ve6pg

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 08:03:46 PM »

...i did not get on this afternoon...i called cq on 7120 at 3pm, saturday...worked 2 guys...one guy has a very rare tx...he was not using it, needs coils...it is...a McIlroy globetrotter...design was sold to leo at wrl...
..don, if you want to try 7120 again, email me in advance...ve6pg@wightman.ca

...tim..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
VE3LYX

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 10:21:29 PM »

Thanks Tim. I double check everything over tomorrow and give a heads up in lots of time to set a sked. It seems to be working better from here but I dont know what it sounds like out there. I also have a new rig about 1/2 built. Larry Ne1s has been helping me. A pair of 6ag7 in the final driving my 6l6 linear. I did some mods on this one and it seems to have a lot more stomp and more % modulation. Time for ZZZZ here.
Don Ve3LYX

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015