The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:41:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Guys Hate Christmas  (Read 28252 times)
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2011, 12:07:45 PM »

There's usually shaking-of-the head before the actual combat.

klc

What? Me worry?
DMOD
AC0OB - A Place where Thermionic Emitters Rule!
Contributing

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2011, 02:43:29 PM »

Speaking of odd Christmas presents, my wife just got a new hip, complete with polymer socket and all the stainless steel fixins'.

We will be celebrating -- walking.  Grin

I guess I will now have to run lower power on 10m.  Shocked

Phil - AC0OB

Charlie Eppes: Dad would be so happy if we married a doctor.
Don Eppes: Yeah, well, Dad would be happy if I married someone with a pulse.NUMB3RS   Smiley
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2011, 04:58:52 PM »

Oh, just de-mod your carrier "DMOD."  She'll be hokay.

Merry Christmas to all The Gangsta's.

RICK  *W3RSW*
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2011, 07:24:34 PM »

I have it on good authority that Christmas is one of the most favored, if not the favorite holiday in the GMS household.  Wink

Your right Todd.  Martha spoils me with radio things.  The Johnson Desk 2 years ago was by far my favorite XMAS gift ever.  The restoration is coming along and I can't wait to get it on the air.  Before Dee passed away, I had him do up all the sheet metal for a Ranger 1 I have.  Howard Mills did a great job on the sheet metal panels of the Johnson Desk. 

Last year she gave me a very nice Dewalt table saw. Martha and I do give gifts related to our hobbies.  She helps me with my radio things and I help her with her car projects so its very clear what we both need to finish our various projects.  I just survey her tool cabinet out in the garage and see what tools she needs to do her classic car restoration work.  Her Chevy truck is due back from the body restoration shop, so that means she will start putting the truck back together.  We are LMC truck best customers I am sure.   We have never given each other cloths or anything like that for Christmas.  We just buy that stuff as we need it throughout the year.  Since I retired, I really don't have much of a need for suites and ties anymore and traded that for blue jeans. 

We visit family and take my 89 year old mother to church with us and try to make  it a relaxing time.  We try to keep the schedule light so we are not running all the time.   

Joe, W3GMS   

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2011, 09:10:17 PM »

One thing good about moving west is that I haven't heard  the Dominic the Italian Donkey song  ,,,,,,,, it must be special for the Northeast   

One of Diane's Christmas favorites! 

But if I have to hear that friggin "Last Christmas I gave you my heart, the very next day you gave it away" one more time I think I'll hurl...

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2011, 09:21:33 PM »

If Christmass isn't yor bag, and Festivus doesn't send you, then maybee its time for Pastafarians.

"
Pastafarians claim that pirates are ideal beings, whose name was ruined by the Catholic church in the 1800's. They believed that pirates in fact gave out candy to small children. Also, as a repercussion, their demise over the last few centuries has caused global warming. Though this is not be the absolute truth, it is a possibility not often looked at given that this theory best fit the data collected so far. Pirates existed before, and still exist today in the form of drug smugglers on speedboats. if you eat enough spaghetti you will be enlightened by the flying spaghetti monster and you will reach full potential.

Subsects         A few extremist Pastafarians (a specific group called Porfons and Tifrons) believe that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not one being, but three, and that the Pasta, the Meatballs, and the Holy Sauce, as they are called, are separate beings.

Other sects believed that Macaroni, and not Spaghetti, is the true form of the god of Pastafarianism. They refer to their creator as the Flying Macaroni Monster and they believe that the vision of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is corrupted by interference. Raviolis and Spaghetti-o's are not included.

The various sects often argue over the singularity vs. trinity of their god as well as its true form.

The best thing about pastafarianism? It is not only acceptable, but advisable, to be heavily sauced.    "

To learn more,

http://wikiality.wikia.com/Pastafarian

KLC

* His noodeley apendage.jpg (39.94 KB, 514x514 - viewed 377 times.)

What? Me worry?
K6JEK
Contributing

RF in the shack

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2011, 02:12:34 PM »

Remember the flash mob Messiah from a year ago? The hope of encountering this is almost enough to get me into a mall. I guess I need to find one with a big pipe-organ to increase my chances.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015