The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:25:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Computer question  (Read 3191 times)
W2PFY
Contributing

« on: December 07, 2011, 04:10:16 PM »

This problem is driving me more insane than I already am. On my tool bar where the icon's are located (Firefox) usually there are icon's  that tells you for example which one is AMFONE. Instead of getting a colored Icon box, it's just a square white box. Usually when this happens, you just go back to the site and the icon will show up again. I have re-installed Firefox, cleaned the cache and still the same problem. I found little help on line for this???

Now if you to to tools and then to "page info" then select Media, you can see the icon as "Image"  There seems to be no way to restore the Image??

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 05:32:23 PM »

Terry,
The only thing I can offer is to uninstall Firefox again then find and delete any existing folders/directories that point to Firefox then reinstall.  My guess is when you uninstalled previously that Windows did not delete the residing directory or folder so some remnants remained behind that were used and not over written upon reinstallation so those same settings were reused.. 

I don't use Firefox myself.  I use Mozilla SeaMonkey instead.  They 're very similar but I found that I prefer SeaMonkey better because of less overhead.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 11:36:32 PM »

That little icon is the "favicon". FF should have no problem showing it. I've never had the issue you describe. Could the favicon from here have somehow been overwritten with another?

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
W0BTU

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 01:10:32 AM »

I've occasionally seen the same erratic favicon issue with other sites. It'll be back, I wouldn't worry about it.

Different browsers handle that icon differently, depending on how the webmaster put the icon on his site.

73 Mike 
www.w0btu.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015