The AM Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:44:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On Generator Power  (Read 14274 times)
Ralph W3GL
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 03:02:18 PM »

Wow, a kilobuck a tree... I really got a break, only $200 per tree here Shocked Shocked Shocked

73,  Ralph  W3GL 

"Just because the microphone in front of you amplifies your voice around the world is no reason to think we have any more wisdom than we had when our voices could reach from one end of the bar to the other"     Ed Morrow
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 03:21:47 PM »

The Lorain tornado of '86 ripped down 5 big oaks along my back boundry. When I got home from work that day I felt like I was driving up the wrong driveway the skyline had changed so much.
KM1H
Contributing

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 03:37:37 PM »

After the 2008 ice storm an out of state tree outfit was in the area doing final trimming days after power was back.

I caught them just coming up the street and asked how much to trim my damage since it was across the street from the power lines. A $100 took care of a 300' frontage with considerable damage. Watching the guy in the bucket with a hydraulically operated telescoping chain saw was a blast. A couple of other workers even cleaned up what was on the lawn initially and fed it into the big chipper they were towing.

I guess the outfits in CT figure all the yuppies can pay the big bucks Grin
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015