The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:51:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Class E Forum at NearFest Saturday 10:30AM  (Read 1303 times)
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« on: October 12, 2011, 11:51:59 AM »

There is going to be a class E forum at the NearFest this Saturday morning at 10:30 in the Entertainment Building right there on the fairgrounds.

There will be a presentation about class E - how it works, what's happening now, etc. and a good Q and A session.  There will be plenty of time for dialogue.

In addition, Bob K1KBW is going to bring his new 24 MOSFET 160 meter RF amplifier, and there will be other equipment on display as well.  I may bring my 24 MOSFET RF amplifier that covers 160 and 75 meters - have not completely committed on that one yet, but probably (I will have to remove the deck from service, and there are a lot of "connections" involved in doing so).  It is a good example of band switching with class E, along with a good example of implementing digital drive with a lot of devices.

I will have a 400 watt complete station to check out, up close and personal including a pulse width modulator.

This is the first class E forum ever conducted at a NearFest.

Promises to be interesting, informative and mildly to very entertaining, depending  Wink

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015