The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:52:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $1500 for a "restored" sx-28 on flea bay....wow  (Read 19070 times)
ke7trp
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 01:52:32 PM »

Todd, Thats how I feel. If I sold my Restored SX28a. It would be gone. I would piss the money away on something or pay some bills. Then I would have no 28A and no money

C
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2011, 05:07:55 PM »

I just wish I would have put a permanent mark in some of the stuff I owned and got rid of, only to see if I bought it back at one time Grin Grin

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2011, 05:55:17 PM »

You can always get more money, you can't replace heirlooms and their memories, or replace the experience of finding, restoring, or using a favorite piece of gear. Facsimiles are just that, and dollars aren't what they used to be.

Precisely why I rarely offer a nice (to my eyes) piece of gear up for cash, but instead prefer to work up a swap for something I would appreciate even more than the item I am getting rid of.  Also why I sometimes still feel like kicking myself years afterwards for passing up a hamfest item over a few lousy bucks, as for example, turning down a one-of-a-kind item I really wanted but the seller wouldn't let go for less than $150, but all I was willing to pay was $135. I probably blew the disputed $15 that night in a pub or restaurant without second thought.

Back in the early 70s, I gave away a working SX-28 because I didn't find that the quality of construction stood up to that of the HRO I was using at the time.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015