The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:59:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for old female AC connector  (Read 2622 times)
Avery W3AVE

« on: August 26, 2011, 08:17:58 AM »

I have a Tektronix scope with a round recessed male power receptacle (three-conductor, grounded). I need the female connector that plugs into the recessed socket. The problem is that it can be no larger than 1-1/16th inches in diameter. I've done the usual search--Newark, Mouser, Allied, Grainger, Digikey, etc., as well as the big-box home improvement stores and a local hardware store with a reputation for carrying vintage items. No luck. All of the round connectors sold now are much too big to fit, and I would much rather not try to shave down a connector on an extension cord.

Anybody have one or two of these, or extension or power cords with this connector?

I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

[edit: Another member asked for more details, and I figure maybe others might need them. The connectors have the conventional prong configuration (see top left diagram at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:NEMA_simplified_pins.svg). The female connector is cylindrical, with the power cord feeding into one end and the slots at the other end. My problem is that modern female connectors of this type are roughly 1.5” in diameter, which is more than a quarter-inch too big to fit into the recessed male connector. Here’s a photo of a recessed male connector, which is similar to the one on my scope except that this one is plastic and the one mounted on the Tek chassis is metal: http://cr4.globalspec.com/comment/67496/Re-NEMA-5-15-wall-connectors-where-to-find.]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015