The AM Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:06:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: t-storms  (Read 9210 times)
ve6pg

« on: June 23, 2011, 12:49:10 PM »

..way too much noise, and t-storms this week..no use in trying, but maybe next week will be quieter...

..tim..

..sk..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 01:17:57 PM »

I have about given up trying.  Storm activity seems to be a  lot worse this summer than it was last year at this time. I'm using my "radio time" for working on the antenna/feedline system and other building/upgrading/repair projects. I check the lightning map every day, and if I happen to see a night that appears quiet, I'll at listen if I have time. At the moment I don't have any working antennas for anything above 7300 kc/s.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
ve6pg

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 12:10:04 PM »

..abt 3 weeks ago, it was quiet on 40...the last 10 days not the case...i'm hearing ssb, and a few nights last week were quiet, and i called fer some time...no action..who knows?..

..tim..

..sk..

K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 12:56:31 PM »

I know it's not really true but it seems like the past 3 months or so have been one continual thunderstorm.  Like don, I have kind of given up and moved on to other things.   I'm recapping an old knight kit signal generator now, to use for sweeping some receivers to see what their passbands are.  I also have to make up a run of 75 ohm hardline for a TV antenna project so I can get DTV in the summertime (more for the challange than to actually watch TV). 

I just don't want to go to all the trouble to reconnect everything, light up all the filaments, make two transmissions then have to shut it all down again because of the wx.  but, I need to do it only to keep from forgetting how to run the station.  There are a lot of little things I don't have written down that have to do with tuning antennas and such that I normally do so often I don't need to write them down but if I am QRT for long, are a little tricky to remember.   

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
ve6pg

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 01:30:25 PM »

..rob, i get home at midnight eastern..too dark fer ant. werk...dont watch tv, and cant get into a receiver project, or whichever, at that time...i was looking for some activity on the quieter nights...only one night, i think did anything happen..

..sk..

K5UJ
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 09:31:27 PM »

I'll be in bed by then but you might get some operating done tonight.  WX seems all down south.  Well, at this point, there's a little bit up your way but maybe by midnight it will have dissipated. 

"Not taking crap or giving it is a pretty good lifestyle."--Frank
ve6pg

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 01:30:51 AM »

..werked wa2onk, and k5iaa on 7220...

..tim..

..sk..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015