The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:46:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Decals  (Read 2180 times)
w5gw

« on: June 17, 2011, 07:34:04 PM »

Has anyone had any luck making decals to replicate the faceplate silk screening for say a Viking II? I know making white lettering is going to be impossible, but since the Viking II uses green lettering I'm wondering if anyone has tried this and their success, or tales of woe.

73 Gary W5GW
KC4VWU

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 08:44:35 PM »

Gary,
         If you're going to go to the trouble of refinishing the faceplate and cabinet, don't try to use labeling; you'll just be disappointed with the outcome and pretty much ruin a nice paint job. Dry transfer would look O.K., but it has to be oversprayed with clearcoat; and really carefully I might add.  I once found a place that would make ready to go screens with your artwork and data for cheap. Let me see if I can re-locate a very enlightening site I found once. I know I saved it in my favorites on the Dell, but I don't have it running at the present moment.

73, Phil
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 09:04:33 PM »

As I write, I have a guy making me a DX 100 panel decal. PM me for details. I don't know if he's ready for the big time yet but he seems to know what he doing.

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015