The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:15:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Major drop in solar activity ahead, scientists say  (Read 36640 times)
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2011, 03:12:29 PM »

It was branded and sold by C Crane. Of course naturally, made in China. The app is Reciva at https://radios.reciva.com/ . Not sure if  the firmware in the radio device could be reprogrammed for iTunes or other apps.  If Reciva goes belly-up, I could be SOL.

With the device came a serial # that allows me access to Reciva on the computer as well as the box. You would probably have to pay to gain access without purchasing a box.  They say that when you purchase the box there is no annual subscription fee to maintain access. For a tiny box, the thing has excellent audio.  Also an audio jack to feed an outboard amplifier and speakers or to use headphones. It has just one monaural speaker built in, but the audio from the jack is full stereo.

You can also directly access the URLs of the individual stations with the computer without a special app, but like iTunes, the box allows you to rapidly surf the available stations and dial in what you want to listen to.  They claim to offer access to something like 18,000 stations.

For $100(Dayton special), it was worth the crap shoot, and the unit they had on display at the hamfest worked great. So far I have been pleased with it. The down side is that it operates off a wall wart and requires a.c. power.  There are other boxes from other companies that run off batteries just like a portable radio, but the ones I have seen advertised are a lot more expensive.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2011, 05:12:37 PM »

Thanks Don, I noticed on iTunes on the radio section there is a site know as "International/World. It has 932 radio stations on there.

Nothing ham related as far as station go but those you women singing in French sound sexy as hell! Too bad I don't understand french!

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015